Snow Ranch- Nov 5th

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

cherokeej

Reaction score
That's right, folks. Next Saturday. Thanks to the rain, Snow Ranch begins early. :w:

Don't forget... Anything over a full K requires prior BoD approval.

Be there or be square.

Wish I could make it, but it is inventory day at my job, which is mandatory :( I'll be there for December though, and will launch my nike smoke on the K2050 since I didn't get to at OS.

I'm looking forward to this launch! How tall is the grass at this time? I'm thinking about some 6k+ flights, but am still building confidence with my eggfinder.

Long drive but a fantastic site!

I hope to finish the paint on my Punisher 4 and load it up with an L910 to break in the away pad.

This one caught me by surprise, didn't think we'd gotten that much rain yet. :p Probably won't be going, and recently realized that I'll miss this month's TCC launch as well. Hope both launches are great, and I'll hopefully be at the December Snow Ranch launch!

I thought the message said that the away pad wasn't available for this launch; perhaps I'm mistaken.

The new away pad is not yet ready, however the old technique of rolling one of the standard pads out to a farther location still works.

Half scale Aerobee on M1939 for L3 success, congratulations Max!
5jU80iS.png

SCrocketfan flying a drone, watermelonman trying to shoot it down with Punisher 4 on L910 -
WS9jhOH.png

a couple of raw videos from the launch

[youtube]y_w5Q9hMXjc[/youtube]

[youtube]aiV1qTfm84s[/youtube]

Kevin K, Madcow Level Two on K550 -
R9uQwfC.jpg

Nice shot. With the Oak tree perfectly situated in the frame, it's outstanding. We just need a cow in the background and it would capture the essence of Snow Ranch.
For this flight, the Level Two made it to 6,427 feet, my new record. I hope to break that with a K1103X in 2 weeks.

Last edited:
That L3 cert sure was pretty. Like it when it's calm, and folks can over-chute their projects like that. The touchdown was magnificent.

Here's a couple of videos of my two flights last Saturday at Snow Ranch.

Flight #1, an I600R in my Madcow Level2 to verify that the tracker is working properly:

[video=youtube;fYIuANF-q-w]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fYIuANF-q-w[/video]

Flight #2, a K550W in my Madcow Level2. The tracker gave bogus data until under the main parachute.

[video=youtube;BLyuBHARa20]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BLyuBHARa20[/video]

Kevin

Back