Quantcast

EVENT Snow Ranch, California December 8, 2018 (Photos)

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

Brian Kirksey

Reaction score
Here is a small collection of photos-proofs I took while at my first Snow Ranch launch. I drove through dense fog that morning from the Bay Area to get to the launch site and the weather cooperated all day. A mixed day of sun, beautiful clouds, and green rolling hills. The people were amazing, friendly, and it was great seeing so many young people and kids enjoying the sport. I am looking forward to attending the next launch. It's a great feeling when you can go somewhere like this and meet people for the first time and it feels like family.

https://www.briankirkseyphoto.com/Miscellaneous/Snow-Ranch-December-8-2018/

hball55

Reaction score
I see that Tony is still flying his "Pinata" rocket. :)

Eljay

Reaction score
I see that Tony is still flying his "Pinata" rocket.
He sure is, generally with some kind of weird air starts. It's fun. The lemmings, uh, children really enjoy it.

thequick

Reaction score
Do you think the farm will be dry enough for the Jan event in 2 weeks?

swatkat

Down these mean skies, a kat must fly!
Reaction score
Great photos!!! It's an awesome launch site and we are so lucky to have the Orvis family to support us launching on the ranch! My whole family will be there on the 5th, weather permitting a launch of course! Should be a awesome time!

Brian Kirksey

Reaction score
Thank you for the compliments on the photos. I had the time of my life there. I plan to bring my two boys (9 & 11) to the next launch so they can launch their first rockets. I will be watching the weather anxiously.

Eljay

Reaction score
Do you think the farm will be dry enough for the Jan event in 2 weeks?
It should be fine unless it's actually raining on the 5th, in which case they'll bump to the 12th.

and we are so lucky to have the Orvis family to support us launching on the ranch!
And the Harper family! Bill Orvis is always saying that. :) I don't remember how their family tree works but a lot of the key players are actually named Harper.