Sneak preview

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Nice!

Is it 5 or 6 fins?

Waterslide decals?

Is it a BT50 (with the fins attached to it) with a BT55 slid over it on the nose section? Or bigger?

Cool design!

Awesome! I really like the lines of the fins and the slight "collar" look of the larger upper tube. Colors and decals look awesome as well. This is a great looking design. Put me down for one!

:D

She's a five fin design & yes there is a full set of decals, (including the fin markings), and laser cut fins. As for tube sizes, Don will have to answer that one.

Thanks,

Terri

Originally posted by Fore Check
Nice!

Is it 5 or 6 fins?

Waterslide decals?

Is it a BT50 (with the fins attached to it) with a BT55 slid over it on the nose section? Or bigger?

Cool design!

There's a 6 inch section of BT55 and an 8 inch section of BT50. They overlap by 1 inch for a total body length of 13 inches.

Here's a photo of the basic parts layout. Laser cut fins, custom balsa nose cone, mylar parachute and 2 decal sheets. The engine block is missing from the photo, but one comes in the kit.

Parts

The centering rings that form the 'collar' are laser cut 1/8" ply. I thought that since one is partially exposed, ply would give a nicer paint surface that wound paper.

Call me a geek, but getting to peek at what's in the kit is as big of a plus as a pic of the finished product.

Looks like a high quality setup!

Originally posted by Fore Check
Call me a geek, but getting to peek at what's in the kit is as big of a plus as a pic of the finished product.

I absolutely agree. It tells you much more about what your "building experience" will be like. For the ultimate rocket geek experience, you need to check out the parts for a Cosmodrome Vostok :)

Don and Terri,
I like it! Very nice.
I too must be a geek. I do like to see whats in a kit.
BTW I have a Cosmodrome Vostok, over 160 pieces.
I have about 50 of them put together.
Another biggie , in more ways than one, is the Skunkworks 10" Saturn V . 700 pieces.

Originally posted by missileman
BTW I have a Cosmodrome Vostok, over 160 pieces.
I have about 50 of them put together.
Another biggie , in more ways than one, is the Skunkworks 10" Saturn V . 700 pieces.

Yeah, but on the Skunkworks Sat V, most of those pieces are just trim, not like the Vostok (Haven't started mine yet).

Ahhh..that cleared that up..Wow, I thought for a sec you were hording all the kits..lol

Cheers,

Originally posted by hokkyokusei
I absolutely agree. It tells you much more about what your "building experience" will be like. For the ultimate rocket geek experience, you need to check out the parts for a Cosmodrome Vostok :)

But, I bet it costs alot more than $20.

Terri

Back