Snarky Upscale

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mao_Zedung

Reaction score
Looking to upscale the DynaStar Snarky to a 4” diameter tube.
The original kit itself comes with a cardboard piece that acts as the underbelly of the plane - how can I recreate that sturdily? I was thinking of bendable plywood.
Also, can anyone give me the dimensions of the cardboard piece so I can upscale it?

Attachments

• IMG_3730.jpeg
    IMG_3730.jpeg
    11.1 KB · Views: 2
That is going to be a great build! Keep us posted. You may want to contact apogee components- they might be able to help.

The original kit itself comes with a cardboard piece that acts as the underbelly of the plane - how can I recreate that sturdily? I was thinking of bendable plywood.

I think it's the same size tubing as the main body tube, with a strip cut out and the angle cut at the end.

I have an unbuilt snarky. The "intake" is the same size as the main body. It's 18" in length and 2.217" OD. Just scale to your desired 4" OD and bobs your uncle. That being said I'm not sure what angle the "intake" is cut to.

i've been trying to find that feature in OR
Right click the sustainer.( at the top of the components tree)
select scale. select whole rocket
decide how you want to scale it either % or from existing length to a new length.

OR
select body tube you want to base scaling on.
right click and select scale. Select whole rocket.
decide how you want to scale it either % or from existing diameter to a new diameter.

Before that..... read this
https://www.rocketryforum.com/threads/up-scale-work.181086/post-2470855and a few posts after.

Last edited:
Right click the sustainer.( at the top of the components tree)
select scale. select whole rocket
decide how you want to scale it either % or from existing length to a new length.

OR
select body tube you want to base scaling on.
right click and select scale. Select whole rocket.
decide how you want to scale it either % or from existing diameter to a new diameter.

Before that..... read this
https://www.rocketryforum.com/threads/up-scale-work.181086/post-2470855and a few posts after.
you always come through for me, thanks. :bravo:

I have to agree this would be a great build. I do not think I even own the smaller version.

I found one in my shop, so I will build it. Thanks for the inspiration.

I started one many years ago. I was so disgusted with my fillets on the wings I just set it aside. Every once in a while I would grind a little more of the glue off. About 6 months ago I just went ahead and purchase another. I guess I was planning on similar to the photo I posted of John Krichbaum’s since I seems to have extra tail feathers in the shipping box from Apogee.
I“ll have to start on version II here pretty soon.

I work at Apogee Components and can verify that the scoop tube is the same size as the main tube they both come 18" long and one is cut with an angle on both ends and then a strip is cut out of it to make the scoop. I have personally have tried to do the scoop and the problem I've had is that our 4 inch thick wall tubes don't like to flex to the right shape.

Latest posts

Back