Snap Ring Hardware

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Is there a call for good source for Snap ring Hardware

• yes

Votes: 27 67.5%
  • no

Votes: 8 20.0%
  • dos not effect me

Votes: 5 12.5%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Correct me if I’m wrong, but is wildman wondering if we as a community would be interested in them bringing hardware to the market.

do you offer 6" hardware also

Currently no. Only up to 4". I will be setting up my website to list all the sizes I have available with prices and finish options after the first of the year. Just giving you a heads up before you invest a bunch of money. I make everything and anodize in house including custom finishes like splash dye jobscosmic splash.jpg , FYI.

Currently no. Only up to 4". I will be setting up my website to list all the sizes I have available with prices and finish options after the first of the year. Just giving you a heads up before you invest a bunch of money. I make everything and anodize in house including custom finishes like splash dye jobsView attachment 400497 , FYI.

Those are darn prudy!

One thing to consider is there is a reason why Ed Romani and John Bolene stopped making hardware. If there was a big market it could support more than one or two players. And those guys were machinists doing everything, same as me which keeps hardware prices artificially low. The material costs have gotten astronomical due to tariffs, and if you have to pay a machinist and anodizer on top of that, it will be very expensive. Just ask Scott at Loki about that.

Is there a call for a good source for Snap ring Hardware

I think the need depends largely upon commercially available loads for snap ring hardware...or any hardware for that matter. IE: there's a direct correlation between loads available and hardware demand for said loads.

Without AMW, Gorilla, Ellis producing commercial loads, the demand for snap ring hardware has diminished drastically. The EX crowd is relatively small, and as Mike said, one or two hardware suppliers is probably sufficient to deliver based on the demand of the small-ish crowd. I like Mike's hardware...by the way!:) I like Loki too; they have great products as well.

Now, I think that we'll see the return of reloads that are housed in snap ring hardware in the future (beyond Loki).

Last edited:
If I may chime in.
I have been interested in snap ring stuff, primarily Loki, since 2016. The reason I have never taken the plunge is simple, my local vendor (Tim L.) doesn't sell reloads for said hardware. Now, if Tim started selling 29mm & 38mm hardware along with reloads, then I would most certainly be knocking on Tim's door demanding he take my money for some snap ring cases.

Scott has priced himself totally out of my price range for commercial loads. Almost 500$ for an 8000 load? No thank you.

Scott has priced himself totally out of my price range for commercial loads. Almost 500$ for an 8000 load? No thank you.

You might be able to make a equivalent load for less money but I can assure you that some of us out there lack the knowledge of doing so. I noticed where Scott really shines is in commercial loads for 38mm K class or 54mm M class. He has a few extremely unique loads that while expensive offer what competitors don’t. I just dropped $270 on a L1000W from Aerotech. Certain commercial loads always gonna be pricey. Just don’t fly it as often.

If I may chime in.
I have been interested in snap ring stuff, primarily Loki, since 2016. The reason I have never taken the plunge is simple, my local vendor (Tim L.) doesn't sell reloads for said hardware. Now, if Tim started selling 29mm & 38mm hardware along with reloads, then I would most certainly be knocking on Tim's door demanding he take my money for some snap ring cases.

Crickets ........

You might be able to make a equivalent load for less money but I can assure you that some of us out there lack the knowledge of doing so. I noticed where Scott really shines is in commercial loads for 38mm K class or 54mm M class. He has a few extremely unique loads that while expensive offer what competitors don’t. I just dropped $270 on a L1000W from Aerotech. Certain commercial loads always gonna be pricey. Just don’t fly it as often.
Why $270 for a L1000 DMS. WM price I think is $239

Mike's psychedelic casings are even prettier in person. I hate to hide them in a rocket. :)

Strap on boosters?! Lol.

Some snap ring hardware can fly commercial loads from other manufacturers. Yes yes it is EX but sometimes it is a cheaper option on the hardware side. I am certainly interested in such hardware and was talking to a machine shop to see about making me some. Never got a reply to the last email though, and it would be on hold for the time being anyway.

Not sure I get your meaning. Care to elaborate?
Loki doesn’t sell 29mm stuff. Bet Loki could make a cool 29mm J but they just don’t make enough $$$$ per load on the small stuff to try 29.

Loki doesn’t sell 29mm stuff. Bet Loki could make a cool 29mm J but they just don’t make enough $$$$ per load on the small stuff to try 29.
Looks like y'all missed my point. Guess I could have been more precise.

If Tim supplied an alternative to Loki hardware that I could purchase locally, say at a Bong or QCRS club launch, I would take the plunge into snap ring hardware.

Does that clarify my first post?

Btw, awhile back Tim gave me the lowdown on his lack of interest in distributing Loki.

I am certainly interested in such hardware and was talking to a machine shop to see about making me some. Never got a reply to the last email though, and it would be on hold for the time being anyway.

Typically a machine shop will charge much more than someone already in business doing it. Unless you find the random guy who needs beer money. Most machine shops charge $100+ per hour and you have to source and pay for the material and deliver it to them usually.

Back