SMT Designs' Fin Holders are now available for purchase

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SteveThatcher

SMT Designs
Reaction score
upload_2018-10-24_10-38-39.png

Wow Steve,,
That really looks like a pretty cool design you have there..
It's amazing what can be done these days with 3D printing..
You must have plans for larger ones, for 3" airframes and 4" airframes , right ??
How about an all 3 in one unit that'll clamp all 3 fins at the same time ..

Teddy

Wow Steve,,
That really looks like a pretty cool design you have there..
It's amazing what can be done these days with 3D printing..
You must have plans for larger ones, for 3" airframes and 4" airframes , right ??
How about an all 3 in one unit that'll clamp all 3 fins at the same time ..

Teddy
3d printing has certainly opened up a market for parts that you can't expect to sell thousands of and justify the cost of the injection mold.
I do already have a 4" design that I have printed and now that I am heading back from BamaBlastoff in Aliceville, AL, I will complete the series with support for some of the smaller BT sizes (that will include 24mm), and add 2.6" and 3".

With regards to a dedicated three fin unit, I would consider it if I had requests for it, but in part, a person would end up needed a 3 fin and four fin holder at least. The single fin holder (albeit slower) supports 3, 4, 6, 9 and 12 realistically because the holder included 30 degree marks around the perimeter. Also, a dedicated holder for three, would require that each of the three fin slots is actually at 120 degrees. Any error in slotting would create slanted fins.

Back