Small-medium launch sites near Manchester.

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Nacho

Reaction score
Hi everyone!
I recently started building my 1st rocket and I'm looking for launch sites. Right now, I will be performing tests with B engines moving up to C once I verify my design.
Does anyone know any places around Manchester?
Thanks.
~Nacho

I know exactly how you feel nacho as I'm only in the south west (wiltshire) but the nearest clubs might as well be on Mars.
There doesn't appear to be a lot of support for model rocketry in this part of the country either....but then again this IS wiltshire !

I know exactly how you feel nacho as I'm only in the south west (wiltshire) but the nearest clubs might as well be on Mars.
There doesn't appear to be a lot of support for model rocketry in this part of the country either....but then again this IS wiltshire !

I guess at some point I will join a club just to launch bigger rocks. I think my fellow citizens are not happy with my rocketry. :D
~Nacho.

Not being happy is the whole 'raison d'etre' for most people in the UK...just wait till the next hot weather to see that HOT.......whinge
COLD.....whinge
JUST RIGHT......never

As a Psych. graduate (Bristol '97) most complaints stem from the fact that the complainant has no knowledge of the activity that you're involved in and feels excluded from it. Why not invite a 'moaning minnie' to a launch sometime and see the sudden change in attitude ? It's worked for me with Amateur Radio..Model Boats..Model Aircraft...and just recently Model Rocketry so give it a go.

FOG is probably your closest club. Depends where in Wiltshire you are but it's only a quick hop along the M4 to the other side of the Severn.

Back