Small e-match for CTI reloads. ( ie. 29mm F motors. )

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Tractionengines

Jack of all trades, Master of... (oh never mind)
TRF Supporter
Reaction score
Anybody know what the e-match is that comes with the small CTI motors? I just got some CTI F59-12A White Thunder Rocket Motors. The photo below shows a standard MJG Firewire Initiator on the left. The starter that came with the F59 Load on the right. Also the F59 nozzle behind them...20220820_201806.jpg

I would like to get a couple spares starters for testing cluster ignition, and launch equipment.

I am thinking it looks like the 3ft version of the MJG BP startes (info page says they are 3mm size). Can anyone confirm if these would be equal? Thank you.

Based on your picture, both ematches are MJG's, the wire coiling matches, the black tubing on the end matches, the color of the pyrogen looks identical, only difference between the two appears to be matchhead width.

I agree with the observations of all. Thank you. But the only place I see MJG Firewire Mini's called out for the small CTI motors is Apogee Components, and Canadian Rocket Store.

I am trying to figure out if the MJG BP Starters are equal to MJG Firewire Mini for CTI. Or is the Mini something else.

I am trying to figure out if the MJG BP Starters are equal to MJG Firewire Mini for CTI. Or is the Mini something else.
Since the CTI motors have a BP pellet built in then the MJG BP starters seem to be correct choice.
Would be great if you can get this directly from CTI. Maybe send an email question to them (then post here).

Yes, as far as I know all CTI motors have BP pellets. This is why they will start will an Ematch.
The Ematches that come with CTI motors will NOT start an AT motor unless enhanced.

Yes, as far as I know all CTI motors have BP pellets. This is why they will start will an Ematch.
The Ematches that come with CTI motors will NOT start an AT motor unless enhanced.
Not sure about CTI 75MM and 98mm motors but yes 24mm-54mm have BP pellets.

Not sure about CTI 75MM and 98mm motors but yes 24mm-54mm have BP pellets.
There’s a few CTI 54mm motors that do not have BP pellets in the forward grain. They come with an augmented starter. There’s been a few threads about that.

Since the CTI motors have a BP pellet built in then the MJG BP starters seem to be correct choice.
Would be great if you can get this directly from CTI. Maybe send an email question to them (then post here).
The BP motor starters have the same specs as the regular FireWires. Originally the didn't but have since been updated. You can use them for deployment charges too. You can buy them direct from electricmatch.com for about $.75 each. https://electricmatch.com/rocketry/see/23/6/bp-rocket-starters They will fit CTI 24-3G F30s.

Back