Slimline Retainers

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

H_Rocket

Death by Powerpoint
Reaction score
I know that the original Slim Line Retainers will not work and play well with motors that have snap ring thrust rings (kosdon, AMW, Loki). Does anyone know if you can use those motor types wit the newer threaded Slim Lines? I want to fly Lokl 38 in a rocket that would look much better with a slimline than an Aeropack.

I know that the original Slim Line Retainers will not work and play well with motors that have snap ring thrust rings (kosdon, AMW, Loki). Does anyone know if you can use those motor types wit the newer threaded Slim Lines? I want to fly Lokl 38 in a rocket that would look much better with a slimline than an Aeropack.

No they won't. Saying that, if you purchase Scott's (Loki's) latest hardware with the smaller spiral rings he supplies and you put the Slimline on exactly lined up on the MMT, then yes, it should work.

Can't speak for any of the other hardware but I've used them with Loki, Fisher, & TruCore. You do have to grind down the aft snap ring a little, but you're only talking a couple thousandths.

Rats

I wonder if I could retrofit some of my older HDW with the narrower rings, or grind down the OD of the rings?

I had an older thrust ring on a Kosdon 6000n case. It would not fit in my early model 75mm Aero Pack retainer.
I turned it down on a sanding machine by hand while it was on the case. Slides right into a Slimline, too.

Back