slimline retainer ring, and expanding pin

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jimdanforth

Co-Owner of BnBRockets.com
Reaction score
Hopefully I'm in the right area.
Bought 2 used rockets and need a couple of parts to finish them off. Both are 38mm slimline mounts.
https://giantleaprocketry.com/products/components_retainers_adapters.aspx
But I don't have the internal snap ring. Anyone have a source?
Secondly, one of them is a min diameter, and has some sort of expanding pin or sheer pin holding the avionics bay to the tubing. Almost like the screws used in drywall that expand a sleeve when you push the inner pin in. I really like the way it works, and would like to get more.
NOt a newbie here, but been out of rocketry for 15 years.

Hopefully I'm in the right area.
Bought 2 used rockets and need a couple of parts to finish them off. Both are 38mm slimline mounts.
https://giantleaprocketry.com/products/components_retainers_adapters.aspx
But I don't have the internal snap ring. Anyone have a source?
Secondly, one of them is a min diameter, and has some sort of expanding pin or sheer pin holding the avionics bay to the tubing. Almost like the screws used in drywall that expand a sleeve when you push the inner pin in. I really like the way it works, and would like to get more.
NOt a newbie here, but been out of rocketry for 15 years.

Sounds like a nylon rivet maybe?

Because I realized what I was missing at 8PM saturday night, and want to launch tomorrow :) I'm sure there is a matching part at orielly's etc, I just can't find it by dimension.

Because I realized what I was missing at 8PM saturday night, and want to launch tomorrow :) I'm sure there is a matching part at orielly's etc, I just can't find it by dimension.

Fat chance of that. It is a Smalley Spirolox ring. The only place to get them that I'm aware of is Smalley or McMaster.

Back