• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Rocketry Forum and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

Found SkyRipper G63 Hybrid Motor and / or SkyRipper G63 Reloads

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bruce

Reaction score
Might anyone possibly have a SkyRipper G63 Hybrid 29mm Motor Case and / or some SkyRipper G63 Reloads?

Thank you!

Good luck! The 29mm line wasn't that popular to start with and they've been rare for nearly a decade now. I have a case but no nozzle, floating UC valve or forward closure. And all the reloads I had were gone lone ago. Why the desire for that specific motor? Even if you found all the pieces/parts for one, because it's a hybrid, it still counts as HPR and so it being a G doesn't buy you anything.

If you can get the dimensions from a grain, you should be able to get your own turned from the right type of PVC pipe.

As I recall, the 29mm grains all came from machined pipe. The 54mm grains were molded.

I know it's not what you asked about but Contrail is still alive and kicking and I am pretty sure you can still get 29mm motors from them.

The G fuel was PVC? I thought it was ABS? There is a link on here somewhere for a file to 3d print all sizes of the fuel grains.

It may be ABS. I know it was off the shelf pipe for the some of the motors....

Okay, going through old emails, I see that Todd used polypropylene for at least some of the early motors. That brings back memories of multiple options, for at least some.

Looking at [Aerocon Systems](http://aeroconsystems.com/motors/skyripper/skyripper_home.htm), I see that at least the 38s offered both polypropylene and ABS as grain options.

Looking at the Wayback Machine, the 29mm grains were molded. The 54s were, as well. It's just the 38s that were machined from off the shelf tube/rod. The 38s were the first motors that Todd designed, so making a mold wasn't yet an option - machining a mold isn't a cheap endeavor.

75s were in the works, but never made it to market, that I recall.

The molded grains he made from 'surplus' plastic at work..that they made handles for Hummers out of..IIRC.
Tony

Back