SkyRG125 Engine Question

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Aero_UF

Reaction score
I am working on a school project where we are designing a rocket using the SkyR G125 engine. The particular model we are using has a 38mm motor mount diameter. What kind of altitudes could we expect to achieve with this engine? Also, what are some good base rockets that this engine will fit into? Any help/input would be greatly appreciated!

Do you have this motor and related GSE? If not, do you know the motor itself is 16" long? Also, do you understand you will need an electronics based deployment system?

In any case asking what altitude to expect without telling us anything about the rocket is not a question that can be answered.

A few rockets you might consider:

Mongoose 38
Mongoose 54 (might be a bit iffy)
Modified PML Callisto

Thanks for the info! As far as your other questions, building and launching the rocket will be handled later in the year (by our professor). We were mainly looking for a base rocket that we could modify in rocksim and study how varying different parameters such as length, fins, etc would effect max altitude. The rockets provided were an excellent starting place for us.

I am working on a school project where we are designing a rocket using the SkyR G125 engine.
Aero_UF, is this for the Florida Space Grant hybrid contest that'll launch
at NEFAR? I'm one of the club advisors for this, so feel free to PM or
email.

You might want to spend some time pokin' around the
SkyRippers website. Lots of excellent information there!

https://www.skyrippersystems.com/documents/index.html

Back