Sky Ripper Systems news and video links.

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Todd Moore

Reaction score
Hello rocket fans..

Saturday was a great day for flying rockets in Michigan, and fly rockets we did!

Armed with a new demo certificate from TMT, I decided to demo the next two Sky Ripper Systems products.

First up was the 54mm J360 for it's first ever public launching. The rocket is a 15lb 5.5" diameter rocket by Jim Summers called "Ugly Red Rocket"

54mm J360

We are very excited about that launch, and about this 54mm product line. More about it later.

Next up was Mark Palmer’s 2" "Little Red Rocket" on the SRS G63 hybrid motor. This rocket is about 2.5lbs pre flight, and really flew nicely on the G motor. You may have seen the photo of this rocket/motor combo from LDRS EX that was posted here last week. Here's the video;

29mm G63

Another great launch from this soon-to-be certified motor!

I have been watching Emily Palmer fly snitches at launches for about as long as I have been flying HPR's. She is a consummate snitchmaster, and has flown them in every conceivable manner, with every conceivable propellant..... Except a hybrid....

Becoming (maybe?) the first person to ever launch a hybrid powered snitch, I give you Emily Palmer's FHSOD.....

Flying Hybird Snitch of Delight

Thanks to everyone who helped make this launch great!

Thanks for looking!

Nice videos Todd, the G63 was great, looks almost as good on video as it does in the pic you supplied. Your J360 ripped that 15 pounds off of the pad quickly!! Did not see much of the Snitch...

If you need to do any demo flying in the deep south, I have a couple of birds ready to go...4.5 lb 54mm minimum dia. FWFG :D PML Endeavor...

Thanks for sharing Todd

Todd:

Any thoughts on the cost for hardware/reloads for the G63. Saw it fly at LDRS and am interested.

Whats the lenght of the 54mm J360?

Al

Al,

Thanks!

We are targeting the hardware at ~50 dollars, the reloads at 16 dollars for a two pack. At this point, we think we can hit these numbers.

Robert DeHate is also working on a prototype deployment device that will be a 1"x2" single event barometric unit, with altitude reporting. More on that later.

The 54mm motors will be a 'system' just like the 38mm motors...

The lengths (as of now) will be 24", 30", and 36" That should equate to baby J, large J, and mid K, and the same reload will work in all three cases.

Todd

Originally posted by Todd Moore
We are targeting the hardware at ~50 dollars, the reloads at 16 dollars for a two pack. At this point, we think we can hit these numbers.

:eek: :D That sounds FANTASTIC!!! :cool: I can't tell you how bag I want to use one of these in a saucer or spool!

Originally posted by Todd Moore
Robert DeHate is also working on a prototype deployment device that will be a 1"x2" single event barometric unit, with altitude reporting. More on that later.

Todd, please keep us up to date on the deployment device. Sounds extremely cool.

Is the J360 the small J or Large J? What is its TI? That is an awsome motor... something I may get to fly my Magnum with :)

Back