"SKY JAM"

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

donhuff

Reaction score
Happy holidays to all!

I would like to invite everyone to Phoenix Missile Works first ever regional launch. We are holding this event to try and raise money for the new launch equiptment we have made and to help pay for future expansion.

This will be our very first time to host a "big" launch and we are hoping to have a fair size crowd so that we can learn how to do things and also what not to do. We need this pratice because we are also thinking of hosting a LARGE launch sometime in the fall of 2010. Thats when our weather is usually beautiful and bearable.

For more info and to get a look at our event T-shirt go to our web site
https://www.phoenixmissileworks.com/
and click on the sky jam logo. We are asking for you to register to enter and to get a shirt. That way we will have some idea of how many shirts to order. We are also selling the shirts to anyone that wants one but cant attend the event.

Last year at the Feb. launch our club motor vendor https://www.huffperformance.com/ had a special on RED motors since it was valentines day, and he will probablly do the same this year (especially since I already said so).------ Now if I could just make the smoke come out, looking like a heart!

Happy holidays to all!

I would like to invite everyone to Phoenix Missile Works first ever regional launch. We are holding this event to try and raise money for the new launch equiptment we have made and to help pay for future expansion.

This will be our very first time to host a "big" launch and we are hoping to have a fair size crowd so that we can learn how to do things and also what not to do. We need this pratice because we are also thinking of hosting a LARGE launch sometime in the fall of 2010. Thats when our weather is usually beautiful and bearable.

For more info and to get a look at our event T-shirt go to our web site
https://www.phoenixmissileworks.com/
and click on the sky jam logo. We are asking for you to register to enter and to get a shirt. That way we will have some idea of how many shirts to order. We are also selling the shirts to anyone that wants one but cant attend the event.

Last year at the Feb. launch our club motor vendor https://www.huffperformance.com/ had a special on RED motors since it was valentines day, and he will probablly do the same this year (especially since I already said so).------ Now if I could just make the smoke come out, looking like a heart!

You guys are having a research launch on Valentine's Day...? Are you INSANE....! :y:

The conversation goes something like this: Hey honey, you know how I spend ALL my free time and ALL my money building rockets and mixing up propellant? Well the guys are having a big launch on Valentine's Day weekend so I thought I would head on down.

We can go out to dinner on the 15th ok...?

The restaurants won't be as crowded then anyhow...

You can come with me if you want...

the T-shirts are really cool...

Honey...

:dark:

Now I'm sure Don and Carey can get away with giving their ladies big red motors as gifts, but for most of us that's worse than buying her a vacuum cleaner. :D

BTW I'll totally be there Saturday!

Yeah that's what I thought last year but we actually had a pretty good turn out.

And I think that I got a red motor as a gift!

But yes it really helps for your spouse to be interested in the same hobby as you are. Kathy also races RC boats with me and another son (not Carey) but that gets so technichal and serious what with motor mods and set up that it sucks the fun out of it for her. Rockets are much more easy and she doesnt have to have such a competitive spirit to do well, but she has won several trophies racing boats and it always tickles me when she beats up on some of the "big dogs".

And Haley cant say nothing. She's the one that got all of us into this hobby!

kathy_003[1].jpg

One month to go... Sent in my registration today! :D

Now I need to get a motor order in with Huff Performance. :rolleyes:

Does anyone know if there will be folks available to administer a NAR level 2 test?

I thought you couldn't do it on valentines day? glad to hear you can make it.

I'll find out about the L2 NAR

No, Valentine's Day is definitely a deal-breaker :D I'll be there on the 13th though.

Last edited:
YES there will be someone there with all the paper work.

Sorry it took me so long to answer, apparently I am the only one in the club that looks at forums. And I have not looked here in a while.

That's great. thanks for getting the answer. Looking forward to it!

Back