SIX10 THICKENED EPOXY

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

gdjsky01

Kim's Rocketeer
TRF Supporter
Reaction score
I got an email from Wildman about this product... at first I thought, sign me up!
However it seems the nozzles are single use. So on a 4 fin rocket with 8 fillets, assuming 2 at a time, you'd go through 4 automatic mixing tips. Which I would guess cost cents and are sold for dollars.
It 'seems' to me this $32 epoxy caulk gun cartridge is not worth it. It is meant for boat makers who'll use the whole cartridge in one go...

I'll just mix and thicken my own. I guess... Oui? Or missing something?

I got an email from Wildman about this product... at first I thought, sign me up!
However it seems the nozzles are single use. So on a 4 fin rocket with 8 fillets, assuming 2 at a time, you'd go through 4 automatic mixing tips. Which I would guess cost cents and are sold for dollars.
It 'seems' to me this $32 epoxy caulk gun cartridge is not worth it. It is meant for boat makers who'll use the whole cartridge in one go...

I'll just mix and thicken my own. I guess... Oui? Or missing something?
dont use the tip, squirt it out on a mixing board and manually mix it, recap when done...no waste, of course you still have to pull the fillets the regular method.

I’ve used Six10 for a fin repair and really liked it. A regular caulk gun works fine, and it comes with a plug that lets you reseal it between uses.

Last edited:
Yay...a glue thread! :D

Six10 is interesting, but a difficult value proposition. I prefer to mix my own [insert brand here] epoxy with the additives/fillers I want. And the economics are much better...

Back