Sirius Rocketry Eradicator build thread

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Nice, should be a nice pop into the sky on the F42 with an easy recovery

Probably get a bit over 2000 feet on the H's you mentioned earlier. Good luck with the cert flight!

"Click"......... funny how you read a thread and finally make an association three pages in. I get to do the pre-flight inspection on this one, and hopefully sign off on the cert! I haven't used it yet, but you're more than welcome to borrow my chute release. You built this one nice and I'd hate to see it get lost.

I'm also really looking forward to seeing this one fly, the Eradicator has been top of my wish list for a while.

-Hans

"Click"......... funny how you read a thread and finally make an association three pages in. I get to do the pre-flight inspection on this one, and hopefully sign off on the cert! I haven't used it yet, but you're more than welcome to borrow my chute release. You built this one nice and I'd hate to see it get lost.

I'm also really looking forward to seeing this one fly, the Eradicator has been top of my wish list for a while.

-Hans
I might take you up on the chute release offer. We will see what the wind is like that day.

Great thread. I had just ordered the Eradicator from Sirius when I saw it on sale, fearing that it might be OOP soon, then your thread came up. Got the kit a couple days ago. I haven't started it yet but will soon. I like the red nose and now thinking of that or maybe blue instead of the stock gray for that and the rings. Looks great!

Great thread. I had just ordered the Eradicator from Sirius when I saw it on sale, fearing that it might be OOP soon, then your thread came up. Got the kit a couple days ago. I haven't started it yet but will soon. I like the red nose and now thinking of that or maybe blue instead of the stock gray for that and the rings. Looks great!
I was going to do blue but at the last minute I decided to do red. I think the red might be more visible.

There was as close to no wind as we get around here so my daughter and I went to do the maiden launch on an F42. Perfect flight and recovery. I was kind of nervous but it could not have gone better. As you can tell by her giggles, my daughter loved it! Next up is my L1 attempt on an H54.

-Hans
Probably confusing since my username is not my real name.

There was as close to no wind as we get around here so my daughter and I went to do the maiden launch on an F42. Perfect flight and recovery. I was kind of nervous but it could not have gone better. As you can tell by her giggles, my daughter loved it! Next up is my L1 attempt on an H54.

Nice Bobby...

Great thread! Just got my Eradicator in the mail yesterday! I have a couple of model rockets to finish up to hone my skills. After reading this thread, I can't wait! Nice job!
Thank you. It is a nice build. Take your time and enjoy it.

After cleaning up the fins, they are next to be attached. I used epoxy on the part that goes inside the tube and wood glue for the strakes that just sit on top of the tube. I slid the rings on while this all dries just to make sure it is lined up correctly.

View attachment 422967View attachment 422968View attachment 422969
Your thread is very well done and interesting. I am planning on getting an Eradicator kit. I like the idea of putting the tail rings in place to make sure the fins are correctly in place. I am assuming that you attached all three fins at the same time in case you had to make slight adjustments.

Last edited:
Your thread is very well done and interesting. I am planning on getting an Eradicator kit. I like the idea of putting the tail rings in place to make sure the fins are correctly in place. I am assuming that you attached all three fins at the same time in case you had to make slight adjustments.
Yes all 4 fins at the same time.

Back