Sim file for Binder Design Tyrannosaur

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MikeyDSlagle

Reaction score
This rocket has moved to the top of my must have list and will be a good level 2 project. So does anyone have an accurate sim file? I can make one of course after I get it, but it'll be after Christmas. I was wanting to do some sims ahead of time. Just the dimensions of the fins will help quite a bit, but a complete file be even better of course.

Thanks,
Mikey D

This rocket has moved to the top of my must have list and will be a good level 2 project. So does anyone have an accurate sim file? I can make one of course after I get it, but it'll be after Christmas. I was wanting to do some sims ahead of time. Just the dimensions of the fins will help quite a bit, but a complete file be even better of course.

Thanks,
Mikey D

Reach out to Mike. He has them and is awesome to work with. You are right that it'd be a great L2. I'm currently building it right now. Stock, it'll get you level 2 no worries! (adding the e-bay).

Yeah I've been following along on your build. It helped make up my mind. I'll be needing your phone number so when the girlfriend blows her top I can direct her to you. Lol. I'm thinking she is actually getting me one for Christmas - she told me she had a somewhat unpleasant experience with a vendor while trying to procure a LOC Iroc and, not being very internet savvy, gave up on the Iroc altogether. I had the Iroc or the Tyrannosaur at the top of the list. We'll see. :grin:
I have the Aerotech 54/852 case already.
And yeah. I've emailed Mike a few times about different things. Always prompt. Was just checking here first before I bothered him about the sim file. Maybe he'll pop in.

I've just asked for permission to sim it for you. However, since Binder Design may be being sold, I don't know if Mike (or a potential new owner) will give it the blessing.

That'd be great if she gives you the rocket!! One suggestion..Make the suggestion to add the ebay kit. save shipping costs. also drop hint your color choice. I got red. not what I would have chosen, but my daughter thought that's what I'd like, so I now love it! :)

Here's what I've got... Permission to do the file, and the font used. However, no instructions, fins, or graphics. If you have them, DO NOT post them openly here. I have my guesses on how it's done, but I'm not 100%.

That'd be great if she gives you the rocket!! One suggestion..Make the suggestion to add the ebay kit. save shipping costs. also drop hint your color choice. I got red. not what I would have chosen, but my daughter thought that's what I'd like, so I now love it! :)

I hinted at black, thinking of doing the rocket in green. I don't have a green bird yet. Asking for the E Bay would have added confusion on her end and shot the price to "I'm not paying that!" LOL.

K'Tesh,
Thanks man, but the fins are what I really need. I'll contact Mike later today and see if he can give me a file for personal use. Does he have a buyer lined up? Just curious, no matter.

Emailed Mike earlier this morning. He sent me a file. I should have time tonight to run some sims.

Back