Silver Paint Question

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

flying_silverad

Reaction score
I have a new design coming up and the paint scheme is mostly silver with some of the fins and some of the nosecone/payload area are in lemon yellow.
Anybody have an suggestion on:

1. Paint Choice
2. Which do I paint first...the yellow and mask or the silver and mask?

This link should answer some of your questions about paint choice when dealing with sliver and chrome. As for the order of applying those color paints I wouldn't know.

Originally posted by LMazza
This link should answer some of your questions about paint choice when dealing with sliver and chrome. As for the order of applying those color paints I wouldn't know.

Great site. Some good info!
Thanks

Originally posted by LMazza

Beautiful site, very informative and useful! One of the best rocketry sites I've seen!

Yellow first then the metallic - a lot of metallics will peel or be damaged by the masking adhesive. Always do them last!

Originally posted by Ray Dunakin
Beautiful site, very informative and useful! One of the best rocketry sites I've seen!

Some great info there. You should see his method for making fillets!:eek: Amazing, it would take me a month to do a four finned rocket!

Originally posted by Ray Dunakin

And it was made with a Mac

Back