Silent Killer Build

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kandsrockets

Reaction score
Here is the start of one of my LDRS projects. It is name Silent Killer and is 4" dia with a 75mm motor mount. It is setup for daul deployment and has a zipperless booster. It will stand over 100" tall. Planned flights are on a AMW K800 and a AT M1297W. I will post more pictures as I get things going. I already have the e-bay, main and drogue tubes and nose cone. I still need to glass the booster tube and cut fins and centering rings. Below is some pictures from rocsim.

killer1.jpg

killer2.jpg

killer3.jpg

I should have all the parts ready by the time you come up to work on your stuff. I just got done cutting out the fin templates and will cut the fins out tomorrow or thurs. I am planning glassing the tube for the booster this weekend and glass a few other tubes that have been sitting here needing done.

Well had some time this weekend to cut centering rings and fins. I also got the upper and lower fins mounted to the motor mount. The middle set will get mounted after the motor mount is installed into the body tube. I still need to do fillets to the fins that are mounted and will start them this evening.

Picture 003.jpg

Picture 004.jpg

Picture 005.jpg

Finally have a chance to get back on this. Got the fin can installed and the forward fins mounted. Now I need to install the rear centering ring and start on the tip to tip glassing.

Picture 003.jpg

Picture 004.jpg

Picture 005.jpg

The name of this rocket has been changed to "Cosmic Destroyer". Also the paint colors have been changed see below.

killer38-29.jpg

Got some glassing done over the weekend. Hopefully will have all the glassing done by tues.

Picture 006.jpg

Picture 007.jpg

All the glassing is done and all those fillets are done. Now it is off to the body shop for filling, primer and paint.

Picture 009.jpg

Picture 010.jpg

Very Nice!!! :)

When are you planning on launching? Where?
I would love to see this fly on an M !!!:clap:
Red Glare 7 Perhaps??!!!

Very Nice!!! :)

When are you planning on launching? Where?
I would love to see this fly on an M !!!:clap:
Red Glare 7 Perhaps??!!!

We are hoping to fly both of them at Red Glare on a range of K, L and M's

Kool!!! Hope to see you there!!
Good Luck on the rest of the build/paint

Back