Signing off

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MasonH

Reaction score
For the last few weeks, I have been burned out of the hobby. I am not busy designing, busy building, busy flying, or anything between the three. I guess you could say you lost my muse and my immediate love of rocketry.

So for now, Im leaving TRF and most rocketry related things behind.

For those of you who have helped me along the way and been good friends to me, thank you for making this hobby one of the best on the planet. Haackit, Grouch Paul T, Al G, Rick C, Alex L, Matt F, Scott K, Jeroen, Jeff G, and Cap'n Low N' Slow just to name a few. People like you make the hobby look good.

To others who I have NOT been on such good terms with, I bid you goodbye and good riddens. You know who you are.

If you ordered an SFTC2.0 kit, your order will be fulfilled. That is a promise.

MasonH, signing off for now.

Last edited:
Take time off, make school a priority, come back at a later time. Hobbies can (and may) come and go as you get older and wiser. Make sure you keep your rocket stuff, you may want to come back... ;)

Justin

What a shame..only 174 post away from the 2500 posts achievement badge, "Silver Tongue"
Oh-well, be safe in your new adventures.
Later

Almost everyone comes back. If you do it twice would that make you a babar?

I think re-bar might be the correct term. Hope you make it back Mason , Jim

For those of you who have helped me along the way and been good friends to me, thank you for making this hobby one of the best on the planet. Haackit, Grouch Paul T, Al G, Rick C, Alex L, Matt F, Scott K, Jeroen, Jeff G, and Cap'n Low N' Slow just to name a few. .
Aaaawe, thanks!

To others who I have NOT been on such good terms with, I bid you goodbye and good riddens. You know who you are.

There are people in your life who've come and, gone...
They let you down, you know they hurt your pride...
You better put it all behind you baby, cause life goes on...
If your carryin that anger, it will eat you up inside, baby...
Ive been trying to get down.
To the heart of the matter.
But, my will gets weak..
And, my thoughts seem to scatter..
But, i think its about forgivness...
Forgivness...
Even if, even if you don't love me anymore........

*Don Henley*

One thing I see all the time is people tearing through the hobby. I call them meteors or comets. Burns bright then burns out. Gets a LPR, then a composite, then L1 and L2 about 3 monthes apart. L3 about 9 monthes later. After that, burnout in a year.

Mason may not be that. Just seemed to fit the burnout theme of the OP. Seems like a cool dude really. Just a general observation. We all have ebbs and flows. Highs and lows. I'd rather people slow down and take there time to enjoy the hobby from all sides. From the giggles of a MMX rocket to the shock and awe of an N powered dream machine. I guess each finds their own way. But it sad to see 'burnout' as I always wonder what if they had gone a little slower? But then I remember, that's me. Each to their own.

Almost everyone comes back. If you do it twice would that make you a babar?

Chevy Chase fletch..

"is that one or two b's Mr. Babar?"

"just one B A B A R"

"thast 2 b's"

"Yeah but not right in a row"

Sad to see you go Mason!

Maybe try going another way temp. Me I deal with rockets all day every day.. had to pick up another hobby.

Flying RC helis and Rc planes.. I LOVE it.. but my passion still rockets! best people in the world here!

Last edited:
Where are you going? It's just getting interesting around here.

I prefer the term "re-bar".

I know Mason well enough to have my opinion. He is not the kind of guy to half butt something. He put 100% into this hobby and it consumed him. I think he also suffered from his location a bit. His aspirations out stripped his ability to fly larger and faster rockets. It is considerably harder to fly the things that interested him up here in the North East. I bet if he live out by Alex he'd be busy doing carbon lay ups right now. He didn't seem to be happy with the smaller cheaper lighter and breezier side of the hobby. I also think he let some of the politics drown out his love for rockets. I have no doubt he will be back in some form or another. I know he still wants to attend a few local launches. I think when he grows up a little and can brush crap off a little easier, he will be back. Maybe not back here but back launching stuff. This reminds me of the old saying, a candle that burns twice as bright burns only half as long. May we all find ways to lengthen our candles!

Kids these days, just last week he was planning an N5800 in some huge rocket, week before that 50k+, I don't get it.

Opinions aside, I don't get the announcing of your hiatus.

Take some time off if you want. Post if you feel like it.

This reminds me of the old saying, a candle that burns twice as bright burns only half as long.

It's a good way to explain to a replicant why they are going to die soon, but it won't keep them from squishing your face.

Kind of like faking your own death to see whos shows up at the funeral.
And getting free cake.

It's a product of the Facebook generation. Young'uns feel the need to live their life out in front of others. The image is carefully packaged for public consumption. I actually had to take courses in grad school about reaching the modern generation through social media. Pretty sick stuff that will have some long term social problems we are only just beginning to see.

It's a product of the Facebook generation. Young'uns feel the need to live their life out in front of others. The image is carefully packaged for public consumption. I actually had to take courses in grad school about reaching the modern generation through social media. Pretty sick stuff that will have some long term social problems we are only just beginning to see.

Or it could be he feels he has real friends here and doesn't just want to disappear without explanation.

Back