Signature too big?

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JRThro

TRF Supporter
Reaction score
Just as a general comment, it looks pretty silly when my signature (even using tiny little letters) takes up half or more of the space in my posts.

Pretty soon I won't be able to list everything I have unbuilt / a-building / built / flown / lost.

Originally posted by JRThro
Just as a general comment, it looks pretty silly when my signature (even using tiny little letters) takes up half or more of the space in my posts.

Pretty soon I won't be able to list everything I have unbuilt / a-building / built / flown / lost.

There's nothing wrong with being proud of your accomplishments and wanting to share your collection, but as you progress your list will grow and your signature will be a lengthy "ocean" of rocket names. As a suggestion, perhaps you might consider putting up a website. Websites are incredibly cheap these days (if not free) and all you'll need to put in your signature line is a link to your site. :)

Originally posted by eugenefl
There's nothing wrong with being proud of your accomplishments and wanting to share your collection, but as you progress your list will grow and your signature will be a lengthy "ocean" of rocket names. As a suggestion, perhaps you might consider putting up a website. Websites are incredibly cheap these days (if not free) and all you'll need to put in your signature line is a link to your site. :)

True, I could have a free Yahoo! website.

So use a URL instead. Keep a listing updated on a web page. You can include pics there if you want.

A "big" sig is not nearly as annoying as people on mailing lists who quote the three previous messages in a thread, including headers and URLs for replying and unsubscribing at the bottom of each, in order to send MAYBE a paragraph and often a single line. I'm glad TRF filters out secondary quoting.

Originally posted by DynaSoar
So use a URL instead. Keep a listing updated on a web page. You can include pics there if you want.

A "big" sig is not nearly as annoying as people on mailing lists who quote the three previous messages in a thread, including headers and URLs for replying and unsubscribing at the bottom of each, in order to send MAYBE a paragraph and often a single line. I'm glad TRF filters out secondary quoting.

It is amazing how long the posts on rmr can get, isn't it?

The section titled Built, Flown and Lost seems awful small compared to all the built ones. ;) :p

My "lost" category is a lot longer than that. :rolleyes: :(

It is amazing how long the posts on rmr can get, isn't it?

I rarely bother to even look at r.m.r anymore.

I was thinking more of the various Yahoo-groups mailing lists. I typically get a 100 KB daily digest from each with maybe 10K of original material in it. Some of the quoting people leave in is un-translated HTML -- they quote code that makes the message twice as long as its content.

Originally posted by DynaSoar
I rarely bother to even look at r.m.r anymore.

I was thinking more of the various Yahoo-groups mailing lists. I typically get a 100 KB daily digest from each with maybe 10K of original material in it. Some of the quoting people leave in is un-translated HTML -- they quote code that makes the message twice as long as its content.

I get a digest from the OldRockets Yahoo! group, and yeah, a lot of those messages have only a couple of lines of new material to them.

have trouble with ever-expanding sigfilesagas...guys listing every modification they ever made or thought about making...

a link makes more sense...
nobody actually reads all that stuff anyway...
:)

do they?

Back