Signature Picture

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

davdue

TRF Supporter
Reaction score
I just became a supporting member so I thought I would put a picture in my signature again but it only allows a URL to be entered. So I have to post the picture someplace to have it displayed?

Nytrunner

Pop lugs, not drugs
Reaction score
Small resolution image. Copy image, paste in signature box

Mine are ~180x100 pixels

davdue

TRF Supporter
Reaction score
Mine is 314 X 72 and I tried that and it didn't work. I guess I'll go smaller.

jqavins

Joseph Avins
TRF Supporter
Reaction score
On your profile page, look for something like this:
upload_2019-8-29_11-36-27.png
I don't know exactly what it looks like when you don't have a picture already, but I would guess it has a placeholder the same as your posts do. Click the placeholder and you should get this:
upload_2019-8-29_11-38-29.png
Browse for the picture.

davdue

TRF Supporter
Reaction score
Anybody figure this out? I tried again today. I even tried to drag and drop and it says uploads are unavailable. Why should I keep supporting when one of the reasons I became a supporter was to have a signature picture. Here is the jpg and png that I am trying to upload

KloudBustersSig.jpg

KloudBustersSig.png

KloudBustersSig.png

Last edited:

Nytrunner

Pop lugs, not drugs
Reaction score
Have you tried:
-Right click image
-Copy image
-Click in signature editing box
-cntrl-v

neil_w

Hunkered down
TRF Supporter
Reaction score
I'm not 100% clear on what you are trying. If I point at one of your images, right click and select "Copy Image", then I can paste it into the signature editor just fine.

[ninja'd by Nytrunner]

Why should I keep supporting when one of the reasons I became a supporter was to have a signature picture.
I would humbly suggest that picture in signature support is not the best reason to become a supporter. Better reason is simply to pay for something that is of value to you. Even more important, though, is that many folks will not see your signature anyway. I have signatures disabled on the website and I don't think the mobile app shows them at all.

scadaman29325

Catching up and tripping all over myself.
Reaction score
Screenshot_20191203-170843_Edge.jpg I found it under Avatar after clicking on the little man. If that's what you mean. Probably not, sorry.

davdue

TRF Supporter
Reaction score
I'm not 100% clear on what you are trying. If I point at one of your images, right click and select "Copy Image", then I can paste it into the signature editor just fine.

[ninja'd by Nytrunner]

I would humbly suggest that picture in signature support is not the best reason to become a supporter. Better reason is simply to pay for something that is of value to you. Even more important, though, is that many folks will not see your signature anyway. I have signatures disabled on the website and I don't think the mobile app shows them at all.
Neil,

I understand and yes I do support because I like the forum and have learned a lot from peoples build threads and by asking questions. I would never have obtained my L3 certification if it hadn't been for help on here as well as from my awesome Kloudbuster friends.

View attachment 400036 I found it under Avatar after clicking on the little man. If that's what you mean. Probably not, sorry.
Nope I am not talking about the Avatar. I have an avatar picture it worked fine. Well at least it did a couple years ago when I changed it. I want to put my Tripoli club logo in my signature line. No matter what I do I can't get it to work. I copy the file and paste is grayed out. If I try to drag and drop it it says "uploads are unavailable" The only thing I haven't tried is to upload it to a URL and try that. I really don't want to do that and I don't think we should have to do that. Pictures work fine in posts as you can see from my post up above.

kuririn

BARGeezer
TRF Supporter
Reaction score
I was able to add your logo to my signature: Right click, copy on the logo. Go to the signature editor, at the cursor right click, paste. Don't know why your paste is greyed out.
I like the unusual, the off beat, the avant-garde. No 3/4 FNC for me.

Removing the logo now. Unless you guys wanna make me an honorary member?:D
Cheers.

davdue

TRF Supporter
Reaction score
Ah so you are copying the image from a post. I was copying the picture with Ctrl-C or right-click Copy from explorer. Once I edited my post above with a proper size picture then I could copy image and it works. Thank you Neil. Still seems there should be a way to just select the picture and upload it rather than that but no worry since I have it updated and most likely won't need to change it again.