The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Winston

Lorenzo von Matterhorn
Reaction score
https://www.nasa.gov/social-rs25

What are NASA Social media credentials?
Credentials give social media users a chance to apply for the same access as journalists in an effort to align the access and experience of social media representatives with those of traditional media. People who actively collect, report, analyze and disseminate news on social networking platforms are encouraged to apply for media credentials. Selection is not random. All social media accreditation applications will be considered on a case-by-case basis. Those chosen must prove through the registration process they meet specific engagement criteria.

How do I register?
NASA Social media accreditation for this event opens on this page and closes at 5 p.m. EST on July 9 for U.S. citizens.

Do I need to have a social media account to register?
Yes. This event is designed for people who:

Actively use multiple social networking platforms and tools to disseminate information to a unique audience
Regularly produce new content that features multimedia elements
Have the potential to reach a large number of people using digital platforms
Reach a unique audience, separate and distinctive from traditional news media and/or NASA audiences
Must have an established history of posting content on social media platforms
Have previous postings that are highly visible, respected and widely recognized
Users on all social networks are encouraged to use the #SLSfiredup and #NASASocial hashtags. Updates and information about the event will be shared on Twitter via @NASASocial, @NASAStennis, @NASA_SLS and via posts to Facebook and Google+.

What are the registration requirements?
Registration indicates your intent to travel to Stennis Space Center in south Mississippi, and attend the event in person. You are responsible for your own expenses for travel, accommodation, food and other amenities. You will be responsible for your travel to and from the Stennis facilities on the day of the event. Stennis will provide transportation for tours and all activities while at the facility.

Some events and participants scheduled to appear at the event are subject to change without notice. NASA and partner organizations are not responsible for loss or damage incurred as a result of attending. NASA and partner organizations, moreover, are not responsible for loss or damage incurred if the event is cancelled with limited or no notice. Please plan accordingly.

To be admitted to Stennis Space Center, you will need to show two government-issued identifications (one with a photo) that matches the name provided on the registration. Those without proper identification cannot be admitted. All registrants must be at least 18 years old.

Can I register if I am not a U.S. citizen?
No. Because portions of this event may take place in restricted areas, registration is limited to U.S. citizens only.

Does my registration include a guest?
Because of space limitations, you may not bring a guest to attend the special access events.

Each registration provides a place in one (1) event for one person only (you) and is non-transferable. Each individual wishing to attend must register separately.

When will I know if I am selected?
After registrations have been received and processed, a notification email will be sent out to inform you whether or not you have been selected for NASA social media accreditation. Those selected will be required to complete an additional step before being accredited. We will send notifications upon approval.

If you do not make the registration list for accreditation, you can still participate in the conversation online.

Does registration for and/or attendance at this NASA Social qualify me for news media accreditation?
No, your registration and/or attendance, does not qualify you for news media credentials at NASA now or in the future.

Back