SHX-15B news

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

shrox

Reaction score
The decals for the SHX-15B have been delayed. The first batch was printed on vinyl and not acceptable. I can only think whoever the local printer must have gone to overseas confused waterproof and waterslide. I am going to ship the kits as planned and follow up with the decals later. By the time you build and finish the SHX-15B they will be here. Sorry about this, I am going to BelDecal this time.

shrox

I am going to give this test model a nice finish. You can see the posterboard fairing, tail and cockpit attachments in this pic.

SHX-15BNaked01.jpg

It is going to look great, the decals are very detailed. I'll post more pics as you folks build yours.

shrox

I had abandoned this particular one because the wings bow up very slightly. After looking at it awhile, I decided it is fine and I'm going to just finish it as is. It is only about 1/8 off. I just get too picky sometimes.

shrox

Shrox,

Any updates on when the first batch of SHX-15B's will be shipping?

CTimm

The fixed decals should be here any day. I was going to ship the kits, and then follow with the decals, but the news one were too be done sooner than expected. They will ship the next day.

While I have been waiting I have been fooling around with the idea of and SHX-15Delta. Anybody interested in such a variation?

shrox

UPS just told me the decals will arrive June 14th. That is next Monday. If the decals arrive on schedule, the SHX-15B will ship Tuesday, June 15th

shrox

Originally posted by shrox
While I have been waiting I have been fooling around with the idea of and SHX-15Delta.

That'd be an SHX-15D then???

What would've the SHX-15C looked like?? :)

CTimm

Oh, easy!

The SHX-15C only has some internal engine improvements.

sandman

I was hoping the SHX-15C would be the one with the add-on propellant tanks slung underneath.

Maybe even extended length by a body diameter for some extra 'instrumentation'.

Can't forget the overall PINK ablative coating!!!

CTimm

While the SHX-15B is not a scale X-15, is very close. The shape of the BT-70 nosecone is not exactly like the real X-15. The SHX-15B is simply the second version of the model, and is mid-power.

The undertanks could be added to the SHX-15B quite easily...

shrox

UPS just told me the decals will arrive June 14th. That is next Monday. If the decals arrive on schedule, the SHX-15B will ship Tuesday, June 15th

shrox

Shrox...who does your decals anyway? (If it's a trade secret just say Pass.);)

The decals were to have arrived today, still waiting for them...

shrox

As I wait for the SHX-15 kit, the mailman dropped off my SNARKY, ORION, STONEBREAKER, and RISING STAR kits!!!!!!

Gotta love the promotional value of the stuffer card & header design. Very eye-catching.

I halfway expected a tiny "Tim Van Milligan" action figure inside.

I'm gonna need more white primer. These puppies are too cool to warrant a less-than-perfect finish.

Chris

Originally posted by CTimm
As I wait for the SHX-15 kit, the mailman dropped off my SNARKY, ORION, STONEBREAKER, and RISING STAR kits!!!!!!

Gotta love the promotional value of the stuffer card & header design. Very eye-catching.

I halfway expected a tiny "Tim Van Milligan" action figure inside.

I'm gonna need more white primer. These puppies are too cool to warrant a less-than-perfect finish.

Chris

Wow they sure arrived fast! I just put them in the mail on Thursday, and Friday was a Postal Holiday.

I'm sure you'll enjoy the kits. Be sure to post pictures when you get them done.

The corrected decals arrived today, the kits will be shipping thru the end of the week!

Turns out I had clicked the wrong material selection on the last run, oh well.

shrox

I've started building the SNARKY.
There seems to be an abundance of centering rings!!!
3 sets in fact. The instructions only call for one set.
Perhaps the kit stuffers didn't get the memo. :)

No engine retainer clip, which will make it easier to overpower it with different motors.

Decals are self-adhesive type printed very nicely on relatively thin clear stock.

Fins are die-cut, but instructions include extra sets of patterns for future builds.

Only found 2 typos so far.
On the colorful stuffer card, the specs say STONEBREAKER.
On the painting page, it denotes ORION.
Having gone through the process of instructionating, I can see how these things happen.
Its funny how they never get noticed until AFTER you've printed a ton of them!!!!

I also had a chance to relocate the SHROX SHX-15 that was marketed awhile back in the BT-55 size. Also went thru the Navaho kit too. That one was missing one of the smaller tubes
that extend backward from the engine nacelles. No biggie.
The Stiletto kit I gave away as a xmas present.
It flies pretty well too.

CTimm

Most shipped today, the rest tomorrow. I'd like to see reviews of the kit on TRF when you get them finished.

shrox

Most shipped today, the rest tomorrow. I'd like to see reviews of the kit on TRF when you get them finished.

shrox

I was thinking about EMRR as well.

Can't wait.:D

Remember, these are basically hand made kits, so be gentle!!

shrox

If you are having any problems with the decals for the SHX-15B, such as smearing or running, please contact me. I will replace them.

shrox

If you are having any problems with the decals for the SHX-15B, such as smearing or running, please contact me. I will replace them.

shrox

Would you recommend a little fixative prior to application?

They seem to have too thin a coating in some spots, you could fix it by spraying them over with Krylon Crystal Clear BEFORE dipping them in the water, but some people have found out too late. Also don't wait too long after application of the decals to apply the clear coat over the model. Just be sure they are dry, overnight is plenty long.

shrox

What happened to the first set of vinyl ones?
Do you have them or did they get sent back?

Chris "waiting by the mailbox for the SHX-15B" Timm

Latest posts

Back