Shrox Status

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

shrox

Reaction score
I have been dying. Oh well.

No viruses or other illnesses popular on the west coast. My intestines are slowly being ripped apart by muscle twitching and spasms caused by a Parkinson's-like affliction. I already have a hole in the abdominal wall. It feels kind of like a little alien squirming around and getting ready to burst out, maybe I better keep a video camera handy...

I am down to 141 lbs, not good at 5' 11". I am becoming less and less able to eat. I am pretty weak most of the time, and I haven't street luged in months! At this rate I will not make it to 2005.

I have to go to court 800 miles away next week. I use medical cannabis to quell the muscle twitching and to restore the missing dopamine in my brain. I guess I could go to jail now too, even though I have all the necessary approvals from the State of California. Federal law however views me as a dangerous criminal and says I must be punished for possessing less than 1/4 ounce of medicine. Of course the powerful mind-dulling and expensive painkiller prescriptions are fine.

Whether I die free or imprisoned, I am working to get my rocket designs into the hands of someone that can produce them and get them out to the world. (Not Estes, they emailed me a few weeks ago saying they wanted to interview for their R&D. When I called, they had no idea who I was and the person I spoke with was almost rude. Last I heard from them.) I must have 100+ designs that no one has seen. I am hoping they will prove to be a continuing source of income for my family.

I hope some of you get mad and call your government. If you don't get to see a future with Shrockets in it, blame Washington. I know my wife will.

Yes, this is for real, and yes it sucks. Oh well, I can still eat chocolate, and there is that new Vanilla Pepsi out now.

shrox

It's hard to reply to a post like that without the translation to mere words making the sentiment appear crass.

It doesn't appear that wishing you to get well soon would be appropriate, so I'll just settle for wishing for you to be comfortable.

Shrox,

I'm having a difficult time composing my reply. I've had some medical issues of my own recently but I have a far better prognosis than what you are describing.

It's very sad to hear what you are going through. The jarring account of your illness is difficult to read. I know a lot of people here will be saddened to see this.

I'm in Canada so my letters of support would be of little import to the bodies that matter in your area. It is truly a shame that you must also face the challenge of a court case as well. I've been on the mind numbing pain killers (including morphine) myself for the past weeks as I just had open heart surgery. Coming out of the "numbing" part isn't much fun. I'm sure that my pain is not the same either. Mine is quite manageable and predictable now.

I've been fortunate to have a lot of people supporting me and praying for me and that has gone a long way. I want you to know that I will say a prayer for you and I am positive that others will also. Others will do the same and whether or not a person is receptive to this kind of support, I believe it helps.

I do wish you a successful outcome in the court case as well.

May God bless you and I sincerely hope that something could turn around for you that changes the inevitibility of the outcome you describe.

Sincerely,

Len Bryan

that completely sucks! I wish I could do something to help. Get the best lawyer you can - expensive but worth it.

the "drug war" is really just a continuing attack on the domestic population. anyone who says anything else is just plain wrong. I didn't vote for that! there, a political posting. tough ****. really makes me mad.

Gawd. You get punished for having medicine to help you stay alive. This really isn't fair to you. Good luck in court.

Blue

I am speachless.

You have my condolence, my simpathy, my support.

sandman

Man. that SUCKS!!!:mad: I sure hope that everything works out for you. Your rocket designs look absolutely awesome, I wouldn't think that you would have a hard time finding someone to produce them. Normally, the people at Estes are nice, I can't believe that they acted like that.

On the other hand, Estes would probably make them a year or so then discontinue them. You deserve someone better.

Take care of yourself

I sincerely hope court turns out as you hope.
You are in our prayers.
God bless and keep you.

Shrox...
Though I have never met you and in all probability, will never, let me just say that wherever the road of your life takes you, may it be as tranquil for you and those close to you as "the man upstairs" will allow. Good luck may sound cliche but, in all sincerity, the best of luck to you sir.

I am sorry about your problems. I hope that you find someone to take over your designs. This would be a great loss for your designs not be avable to the public. I sure hope that everything gets better. You will be in my prayers.

Shrox,

I have only met you a few times, and *then* only electronically or phone. I still look forward to meeting you in person.

You are a strong individual. Your sports and your creativity attest to this. It is saddening when such a fate befalls anyone, but moreso (to me) when fate turns a bad hand to such creativity and imagination.

Keep us abreast and if you ever need to just *vent*, you know how to find me.

From "outside the box",
jim

Originally posted by Stones
Shrox...
Though I have never met you and in all probability, will never, let me just say that wherever the road of your life takes you, may it be as tranquil for you and those close to you as "the man upstairs" will allow. Good luck may sound cliche but, in all sincerity, the best of luck to you sir.

Stones said it best. Hang tough, my good man, hang tough. You will be in my prayers.

I wish you peace,

bmhiii

Shrox,

I too, am speechless.......

I was a paramedic for 17 years and I still hate to hear about things like this.

When I first saw the Alien 8 and your other designs, I was blown away! I knew then that your designs would always be unique. The Sarah Conner is just awesome.

I wish you and your family the best.
You will be in my prayers also.

Lamar Martinez

Shrox

Just when I come home adter a miserable day and feeling sorry for myself, you step up and put it all in context.

You have my deepest wishes for the best possible outcome for your condition. If for some reason your care brings you to New England or where I work in healthcare. While I cannot intevene on the medical side, you have but to ask and what assistance I can give is yours.

Good Luck

Originally posted by shrox
I have been dying. Oh well.

Oh, man, as crappy as this situation is, I really hope that you have not given up and given in to it! Medicine is always coming up with new stuff, and God can always work a miracle. They say that the people who survive cancer the best are the ones who fight back mentally as well as physically.
I hope you don't mind if I add you to my prayer list. Feel free to email me if you want to 'talk' about anything privately.
And keep us posted if there is something we can do to try to help.

Shrox,

Whatever you do, don't loose the will to live...

I dont really know what else to say.

Phil

Shrox - look at all the comments - we're all behind you!

As for the designs - do you know anyone who has failed to be impressed by them - everyone here will remember them for sure.

Chin up as they say in blighty - and we're all here at TRF for you to vent at!

Go well!

the legal penalties are more damaging than the plant's effects.

shrox...i'm a medical MJ user also. my affliction won't kill me though, so i have many years of pain ahead...

the US government gets billions of dollars a year from the DRUG COMPANIES who fear a loss of PROFIT if Cannabis is fully legalized. Our Government wants us to take pills.

of course, while tobacco and alcohol, two of the most unhealthful drugs used by mankind, remain legal, it makes the HYPOCRICY quite apparent.

why not start your OWN company to produce your designs?

Personally, I've only ever used Ganja recreationally. However, I have had a few friends who've had parents with conditions like MS & The-Big-C; and they all swear by the benefits of taking Cannabis, mostly for the relaxation and appatite stimulation properties of The Weed.

I will avoid going into the history/politics of Cannabis prohibition here; but it does make 'interesting reading'. Of particular note is the relationship between the banning of Sensemillia, and the Paper, Pharmecutical & Oil industries. :mad:

I'm speechless to hear about your condition, but I am ENRAGED about your pending court case! NOBODY should be denied access to medication, and they certainly shouldn't be prosecuted for taking it.

One thing to be thankful for is that The Herb actually exists, for people to take to help themselves - "Jah will Provide!"

flag.gif

My thoughts are with you & yours - Stiff upper lip, old chap!

Thanks friends. I do appreciate it.

I am not really down about it all, it is more of an inconvenience. I am not very good at being ill, I never used the crutches when I broke my leg last year, and I don't rest as much as I am told I should.

I know the Lord, as a layminister I know how it ends for everyone. It is kind of like dreading the long drive to get home after a long day. Home is good, but the drive is a tiring and dull task.

Actually driving at night is a good analogy, except the headlights aren't on the car, they are held by the Lord and directed to the proper course, although the road they illuminate is not always smooth and paved, nor does it pass very many bright and shiny places. From His vantage point the course is obvious, and for Him to stoop down to show me where to go is something that I put my full trust in.

My wife was able to use her paralegal skills to get the court date delayed by 30 days. That was good. If you want to know about my research in replacing dopamine with THC here is a link. The spice must flow!

https://www.shrox.com/spiceflow.html

shrox

Shrox,

It's heartening to hear that at least you have a relationship with Him and know that this will not truly be the end. But there's no denying the toll it takes on you and your loved ones regardless. You and your family will be in my prayers and I pray right now that the Lord would comfort you and make the path easier.

As far as your kits go, I really wish now that I'd picked up a couple last summer! The Navajo and Star Shuttle looked really cool. Considering your business relations with TVM, I'm surprised Apogee Components isn't going to start producing your kits en masse.

God Bless You and your faimly.

Originally posted by shrox

Actually driving at night is a good analogy, except the headlights aren't on the car, they are held by the Lord and directed to the proper course, although the road they illuminate is not always smooth and paved, nor does it pass very many bright and shiny places. From His vantage point the course is obvious, and for Him to stoop down to show me where to go is something that I put my full trust in.

That is one of the most awesome thing's I've ever read, and I'm glad to hear that you have that relationship with God. My wife always says she wants us to have a big party when she dies - her argument is that she's happy where she's at, so we should be happy where we are.

The rocketry world (and I myself, especially since getting to know you here) will miss you on both a professional and personal level. You have brought a whole new way of thinking to rocket design, and you will be sorely missed. Rest assured that many a rocket will streak heavenward in your honor when the day comes.

Mark

Keep the faith and keep fighting. I am confident that your designs will last and be remembered forever.

Although I live all the way over on the other side of the country. if there is anything I can do please feel free to ask. I'm sure most of us feel the same way.

Will keep you in my thoughts.

John

Shrox,

You will be in our thoughts and prayers.

John

First of all I want to thank you Shrox for being so honest. I am sure some good, with the Lord's grace, will come of this trouble. My thoughts and prayers are with you. God Bless you.

James Pierson

I just hope there are rockets in heaven for all :D

Latest posts

Back