SHROX Skonk Wulf...almost ready to get SKONKY.......

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

marwady

Build twice, Launch once
Reaction score
Got my Skonk Wulf plan pack from the almighty SHROX and I am getting ready to get going on it.

Nice, detailed instructions and pix with first rate waterslide decals.

I can't leave anything alone so I am adding the following mods:

Estes 24mm retainer
A really cool Semroc BT-80 baffle
1/8" Balsa fin stock (plans call for 1/8' Basswood) papered with Avery Label stock
A way cool Estes Silver Comet NC that I am getting from Dragon64 (should be here Wednesday)

PIX:

Cheers!!

This should be a great build thread,I've had my eye on this and would like to build it someday.I put baffles in all my larger rockets,one thing I do is apply epoxy to the engine side of the baffle to protect it.Paper skins is also a great idea,I do that on all my balsa fins.Have not tried the estes retainer but looks good.Looking forward to

This should be a great build thread,I've had my eye on this and would like to build it someday.I put baffles in all my larger rockets,one thing I do is apply epoxy to the engine side of the baffle to protect it.Paper skins is also a great idea,I do that on all my balsa fins.Have not tried the estes retainer but looks good.Looking forward to

Yep, epoxy on baffles is a must for me, too!!

OK,

Got the cool Silver Comet NC from Dragon64.

I sanded it down and papered the fins.

PIX:

Looks great, that's a nice rig!

Some advice on the build, do not sharpen the leading ends of the dowels, round them off instead.

Yep, I agree. No need to pierce anything on by body with a rocket.

That cool jig is a Guillotine jig by Ted Macklin...works great!!

More progress.

I decided to attach the angled fin tips before I mounted the main fins to the body..much easier to align.

I am using white glue for initial mounting and Titebond Moulding and trim for the fillets.

PIX:

Cheers!!

Used a piece of aluminum angle stock to attach the canard fins.

Nice improvisation, since the canards couldn't fit in the fin fixture, right?

Subscribing...

Yes, the Guillotine will not get that close to the BT due to its design.

and...the strakes.

I think I used about 500 bucks worth of masking tape to get this one finished.

Here she is, in all her "SKONKY" glory:

THX all!!

Very fun and imaginative design.

Can't wait to see it fly.

Cheers!!

Back