Shrox' attack plan against death

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I started a seperate thread on celiac in the coffee house so I wouldn't hi-jack shrox's

Thanks OccamMD, that was polite.

I think the camera capsule will pass without too much difficlty, if little balloons of herion can pass thru a smugglers body, I am sure this little probe can pass thru mine.

shrox

The real problem is the materials, not the electronics. Making sure you have the right external coating to withstand stomach acid and then subsequent processing would be my first concern. The little endoscopic camera capsule that is available now was developed in Israel and I am unsure of what materials they are using for the capsule and lens.

Let me ask a general question. What information do you feel you will get from the camera that is beneficial in your diagnosis and treatment that cannot be obtained by conventional means? Has your physician stated that if he could see the entire digestive path it would help him treat you?

I'm not being negative, just asking.

Has your doctor suggested Nexium or Prilosec for the pain when you eat those french fries you talked about? My Dad (a general surgeon and colonoscopist) said the pain is probably systemic from the gallbladder. Hard to diagnose over the phone, but maybe helpful. He is getting me the name of a newer medication which has worked well for his friend.

I have had the gall bladder tests, the obstruction tests, colonscopy, endoscopy, drank the foul tasting tracking pastes and had the ...(censored, deemed too frightening to be read)... and still just have guesses.

I just want to be sure, as that area that can't be physically be reached by current probes is the only unknown in the equation. I am going to tests on the casing of course! Thinking outside the sphere does not mean forgetting basic science and safety principles! I am sure when many of us mention that we fly rockets to some people, their doubts and concerns about us as "mad scientists" are similar those expressed about this probe idea. I believe it is far safer than exploratory surgery, and it could always be cut out of my gut if I am wrong!

shrox

The first thing my dad suggested was the new camera. Can you get a cost for that procedure? We may be able to raise the money via TRF to cover that since you can't and it would be much quicker than designing it.

Although it sounds like a lot of fun, and still could be, if time is of the essence this might be a better option.

I used to be the associate director of advanced technology development (lots of words) for Bristol-Myers Squibb and I can tell you that getting someone to get this in you might be tough from a legal standpoint. Of course you could swallow it yourself, but off the shelf getting components that small without doing dye attachment may be tough to do.

Just thinking.

Is that for the new product or the exisitng procedure?

Take Care,
Ray

Hi Ray,

That link mentioned is for my project to build the probe. If you want an SHX-15B I will send you that in an email because there are only a limited number.

Shrox

I am ready to order that camera and get started. Should I contact CNN about a news story, or one of the Stupid Home Video shows about a Darwin award?

shrox

Apparently great minds DO think alike, because there is a magazine article about the exact same little picture-pill that Shrox is trying to build.

This concept definitely seems to work. This little pill in the magazine is about 0.45 inches in diam by about 1.05 inches in length, easy in, transmits a video picture, travels through the bod in about eight hours, easy out, yada yada. The commercially-available version is called an M2A and is already in use by the medical community. It is specialized to inspect the small intestine where the 'scopies cannot reach.

Check out "Men's Health" magazine current issue June 2004, pages 120 - 124. Shrox, if I still have your mailing address I will send you these pages.

I saw a story on CNN I thnk about 4 months ago. I had asked my doctor about it but he did not know any more about it than I did.

shrox

Back