Show Us Your Rocket Building Table

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I set up a folding table in the garage as a workbench to film this build. First attempt at doing a build video.

WoW :goodjob: :bravo:🛐 I made it 6 minutes and clicked on your name, and clicked "Follow".
thanks for making a great video and I'm highly envious of your building skills.

the music is awesome. that you?
Thanks, yes I wrote and recorded those songs in 2004, gosh that's nearly 20 years ago. I used my computer for the MIDI drums and bass, and I played all the guitars and sang into a G3 PowerMac which was about as many tracks as that computer could handle at the time.

I bet mines smaller. (um, yeh, prolly shudnt have said that...ladies? You know better! Call me!)....

I build custom firearms, custom ammo, bows, arrows, etc. here.
I live in the styx, on a mountain, in a small camper. With a Blue Heeler (hide EVRYTHING made of paper- like all your tubes, I'm switching to CF, damn psycho-dog). And a ton of reloading gear, trad archery gear including arrow making gear, mtn. biking gear, etc. etc. AD NAUSEAM. My camper has one of those hazmat flip-over signs truckers use on the back doors of trailers, fire dept put it on there...my place has a "run like hell away and don't look back/do NOT attempt to extinguish" notices on it. My camper has RS-25 motor capabilities, it WILL orbit, bank on that...so....no smoking in here people! I eat cold fold, a LOT (oven is full of powders, primers, motors, etc...what better place for it?!).

Fillets/retainers? Too cold right now for that. Painting? Go a to a friends house w/ a heated garage (20 miles away),
So- it's COLD, really cold, so lots of time to get that POS poly nose cone smooth (or die trying, was it made by a 6 year old?) and I got sanders cramp ( the Claw) from that deal. Still aint ready. Bondo here we go, it's an awful peice of plastic- yuk! .... Of course, dry fit stuff a million times til things are way too loose (Bob Smith 5 is your friend there), and where the hell is UPS with my retainers? I need to move.
Who needs a room mate!

God I miss my shop. *snivel*

Hint: if yer pulling "double duty" like me in your pad on the dining table, get some sticky back clear vinyl carpet protector to put on your table (Amazon), like the dealers use on car carpets when you take it for service. Saves the finish from CA and epoxy. Super handy product, works a treat on all kinda stuff. Gota spill? Peel it up and toss it. I freaking love freaking that stuff.

Weeeeeee!

Attachments

• 20230120_193918.jpg
    20230120_193918.jpg
    679.6 KB · Views: 0
You could put a car on that thing o_O
I have two of them. Homedepot accidentally sent me two of them and had to discount significantly the second.

I bought one to redo my roof and decided to pay someone. Now it is a desk.

I have two of them. Homedepot accidentally sent me two of them and had to discount significantly the second.

I bought one to redo my roof and decided to pay someone. Now it is a desk.
Did you leave the wheels on it? I'm curious as to how stable it is with the wheels locked down. One of these would be ideal out in the barn as a moving workbench.

Did you leave the wheels on it? I'm curious as to how stable it is with the wheels locked down. One of these would be ideal out in the barn as a moving workbench.
It is very stable, and yes, I did leave the wheels on. One of the two tables had a chop saw mounted on the underside, and the other has a 12-inch grinder saw. I can use one side to build rockets or solder and the other side has a saw mounted. I really have to thank Home Depot for their error.

Back