Show some love for Crazy Jim!

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Tony Alcocer: "$20k..? Heck we could make you some cool Carbon Fiber teeth for about 50 bucks! A yard or two of some nice 2x2 twill some Hysol E-120HP. Get Jarvis to help or your buddy Charlie from Carolina Composites. Think about it. Stripping wires, cutting shock cords etc. Chicks dig guys with Carbon Fiber...teeth..right?"

Now we're talking! I think you're onto something tfish, who says sexy can't be practical, right? Thank you for contributing sir :)

Machine them out of Tungsten and he can start a new career as a Bond villain.

Tony Alcocer: "$20k..? Heck we could make you some cool Carbon Fiber teeth for about 50 bucks! A yard or two of some nice 2x2 twill some Hysol E-120HP. Get Jarvis to help or your buddy Charlie from Carolina Composites. Think about it. Stripping wires, cutting shock cords etc. Chicks dig guys with Carbon Fiber...teeth..right?"

Now we're talking! I think you're onto something tfish, who says sexy can't be practical, right? Thank you for contributing sir :)

next thing...you guys wii be trying to shove a motor up my butt and launch me!

thanx guys for everything.

First off I just wanna say best of luck with the implants Jim, sorry I couldn't help more but the holiday season and the 'ol fixed income routine pretty much dictate the limits. Secondly I have a personal funny (at least now it is;)) stud/implant/cap story you may get a kick out of. When I was much younger I had a few front teeth knocked out. My right front (main?) tooth ended up broken off flush with my gumline so they studded it and put a temporary cap on it. Pretty interesting actually, my dentist had a small compartmented tackle box full of clear plastic teeth "shells" of differing sizes and shapes. He'd just pick one that was close, trim it to fit, fill it with some sort of white plaster looking "stuff" and jam 'er on the stud. Problem was they'd only last a month or so before falling off leaving me with the crazy stainless steel stud smile until my next appointment. This went on for a bit over a year (there was a lawsuit involved and there were questions about payment since I had no dental insurance at the time),think I burned through most of his stash of right fronts from his kit:). Finally things were resolved to the point where he had made and installed my "permanent" porcelain crown. The very next day I took a big 'ol slug off of a bottle of Budweiser and felt my precious crown going down the hatch. Yup, waited over a year for it and lasted exactly one day and I swallowed it. When I finally got another appointment to see him the first thing he asked was "Did you save it?" My reply was "No, I swallowed it", to which he replied "Yes, but did you save it?" He was extremely upset about the fact that he had to dig into his wallet for another $567 (strange how oddball numbers stick in your memory banks while the important ones are immediately overwritten isn't it?) replacement crown due to the fact that I was unwilling to go toilet fishing for my new front tooth:). Moral of the story is you may just want to bring your preferred choice of epoxy on install day, Ya just never know when they're gonna cheap out on Ya Brother...

Almost forgot, it hurts, hurts alot. You may want to stock up on painkillers;).

Last edited by a moderator:
Almost forgot, it hurts, hurts alot. You may want to stock up on painkillers;).
I had an implant done a few years back. I have to say it was zero pain from beginning to end. Because I had taken about a year to get it organised my jawbone had withered away there and was too thin so they had to take a piece of bone from the other side of the jaw for the bone graft. So they did the bone graft and screwed the titanium implant in at the same time. As I said, absolutely painless. Amazing!!! The biggest hassle for me was the amount of time visiting various places it took to get it done. It is now the best tooth in my mouth, and certainly the most solid since it is screwed to the bone :).

I would love to get a few more when finances allow.

So the skills used in various procedures evolve over time, usually ending up with less pain and a better outcome for everyone. I guess you could have some bad luck and get a dodgy "professional" in which case all bets are off :eek:.

Well now that Ya mention it, mine was done 39 years ago....Technology has probably changed at least a wee bit since:).

Well brush your teeth, do the regular dental followups but in the end, if genetics screw you, you may have significant dental problems through no fault of your own. It was fixed with me if one doesn't take care of their mouth, their teeth will go. Man was I wrongo.

Boy did I get an education. My 2 year younger brother had 6 teeth removed when he was a young pup, had braces, and doesn't have a gap tooth smile whatsoever. It was said his mouth was too small. Has had issues with gum recession with age and had to have grafts. Like everything else it can be the "luck of the draw". Hope they can fix you up Jim so you don't starve! Kurt Savegnago

Noel Meyers: "Hey CJ Thanks so much for your virtual guidance, so much of what I know comes via your build threads. Best wishes for the choppers Noel"

Wallace Hounddog: "Just returning favors..."

Jerry Briggs: "Its clear he has helped so many because of who he is and not for personal gain. This is a community, help out a fellow member when you can."

Thank you all for your contributions and kind words!

I mentioned this previously, but I'll say it again because we're into the third page here and people may be skipping or skimming the earlier comments: If you are just coming across this thread now you'll notice that the campaign has already greatly exceeded the $2,000 target. I set that as the original fundraising goal because I thought it was achievable, however Cj's actual expenses are 10x that amount. Rather than setting up a moving target and continuously bumping the goal I just left it as is, because there is no maximum amount or time limit to the campaign. Please feel free to contribute even though the stated goal has been reached, the need is still there.

Eric Cayemberg: "Rocket people are the best! And CJ is the best of the rocket people! Keep the pointy end up!"

Thank you for contributing Eric!

Thank you for contributing Cory Brennan!

Your clearly intentional donation amount brings our total thus far to $3,500 :)

I just donated $25. I’ll donate more once I land an engineering job. Feels like the resume’ are going into black holes on the internet.

Michael Smart: "a little bit more and a bump. NikeMikey"

Gary Kawabata: "Jim is a good friend and a rocket buddy. Could not know a better individual than Jim."

Andrew Blankenship: "This man helped me certify L-1 in 2018. I owe him a lot more than $25. His knowledge selflessly helped UTC rocketmocs place 1st in a national engineering competition."

Thank you for contributing guys, and best wishes to all in the new year!

Back