Shortening delay on AT Economax and G80 motors?

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

billdz

Reaction score
Is there any reason why we can't use the AT delay drilling tool to shorten the delay time on some Economax G74-9W motors and a G80-10T?

Is there any reason why we can't use the AT delay drilling tool to shorten the delay time on some Economax G74-9W motors and a G80-10T?

You can do it but if I'm not mistaken it becomes an EX motor and must fly by Tripoli rules.

Wrong!!!!! Adjusting delays are NOT modifying motors. The manufacturers say you can do it. 1/32nd inch equals 1 second.

Wrong!!!!! Adjusting delays are NOT modifying motors. The manufacturers say you can do it. 1/32nd inch equals 1 second.
Jim, are Economax SU motors designed in such a way as to be able to modify their delays, in like the DMS motors with their much larger holes between the delay and the charge?

Sent from my SM-N920V using Rocketry Forum mobile app

Jim, are Economax SU motors designed in such a way as to be able to modify their delays, in like the DMS motors with their much larger holes between the delay and the charge?

Sent from my SM-N920V using Rocketry Forum mobile app

The touch holes are smaller than the DMS, if using a normal size drill ( the dia. of DMS ) you would be drilling into the bulkhead first. The single use instructions also include wording not to alter the motor in any way.

EX / comm discussion notwithstanding, do -not- go below 4sec. Your fire will come out the wrong end.

Back