Shortened Argent

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

RocketFeller

Reaction score
I recently purchased an Estes Argent which was missing the MMT. When I contacted Estes they said they would send me one. Instead they sent another kit. I felt like changing it up a bit, so with a piece of 29mm and a new centering ring I ended up with a fun little rocket that should fly well on D through G motors.

It weighs 12.2 ounces with recovery. No major modifications other than shortening the BT and omitting the second BT. I added a forward CR and removed a lot of the internal part of the transition. I also added a short piece of tubular nylon to attach the shock cord to.

image.jpg

RocketFeller

Reaction score
I flew this yesterday for the first (and second) time. First flight was on an F50-9 and was a "blink and you'll miss it" flight. It was a straight as an arrow flight but had me walking a long way do to the somewhat windy conditions. The second flight was on an F15-8. It weathercocked significantly, which was actually a good thing, as the rocket landed about a hundred feet or so from the pad.

Now that I have an empty cardboard 29mm I plan to make myself a 29/24 adapter and try it out on a D12-3. Loaded up it is just shy of 14oz (Estes recommended maximum) but I think it should make it up high enough to get the parachute out.