Short fat rockets

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Almost doesn't fit given the ultra tailcone, but it is classic Public Missiles and it is my favorite.
View attachment 406663 View attachment 406664
looks like he hasn't been on here since Oct 2020, but I wanted the exact dimensions of the fins and length of the body tube. Anyone else have one of these?
ZYMF70T.jpg

Last edited:
looks like he hasn't been on here since Oct 2020, but I wanted the exact dimensions of the fins and length of the body tube. Anyone else have one of these?
ZYMF70T.jpg
I hope Tim is okay, surprised he hasn't been on for that long. Anybody know Tim Dixon aka SpeaknoEvil?

Having read through this topic again, I think my New Year's project is going to be a Big Red Max bashed with Blobbo fins (plywood). Big Red Blobbo? 24mm motor or 29mm motor? I've got a 24/60 case which would let me use an F63. In a 29mm hole, I could put a 29/180. (and down-load with a RAS). (Yeah, I know it comes stock w/a 29mm) Has anyone done a sim of this rocket yet?

Last edited:
Having read through this topic again, I think my New Year's project is going to be a Big Red Max bashed with Blobbo fins (plywood). Big Red Blobbo? 24mm motor or 29mm motor? I've got a 24/60 case which would let me use an F63. In a 29mm hole, I could put a 29/180. (and down-load with a RAS). (Yeah, I know it comes stock w/a 29mm) Has anyone done a sim of this rocket yet?
I think I'll do a Der Fin Max, nice & stubby.

After looking at the shapes/designs, I think a Big Daddy might be a better starting place to clone a Blobbo.
Need to place an order with AC.

Pemberton Screeming Green Meenie. Mine lawn darted last year, so I'm scratch building an upscale 4", Blue Tube, 54mm MMT. Custom AV-Bay recessed in the nose cone with a Featherweight GPS and an Eggtimer Quantum for apogee deploy using a JLCR.

1646275242908.png

Speaknoevil used the name Public Missles

Isn’t one of those rockets, the one in the back right side of your avatar, a Public Missiles rocket?

Second question, is that a picture of rockets you possess? If you possess them, I am super jealous. I have two built Public Enemy kits, the 4” V2 and the 3”/4.5” Honest John. Actually, I also have a second built Public Enemy 4” V2.

Isn’t one of those rockets, the one in the back right side of your avatar, a Public Missiles rocket?

Second question, is that a picture of rockets you possess? If you possess them, I am super jealous. I have two built Public Enemy kits, the 4” V2 and the 3”/4.5” Honest John. Actually, I also have a second built Public Enemy 4” V2.
They are all Public Enemy Fat Boy rockets taken from their website years ago. I wish I had one but the only way I'm going to get one is to make one myself. When I contacted Dave about coming back out with them, he said there wasn't enough money in them, and time was too tight for him to get back into bringing the fat boy rockets back out

They are all Public Enemy Fat Boy rockets taken from their website years ago. I wish I had one but the only way I'm going to get one is to make one myself. When I contacted Dave about coming back out with them, he said there wasn't enough money in them, and time was too tight for him to get back into bringing the fat boy rockets back out

Well, I’m still jealous and you have to keep teasing us with that pic. 😹 They are pure badass. I wonder if they had those same bungie cord shock cords that my PE rockets used to have.

This is my scratch built, upscaled
“Squatty Body”.
The Kit version is only about 6.7 in 1.3 in diameter but no longer available.

Flies great on a K535!

Attachments

• 079F6B4C-49C2-436D-87BD-A97BC4B5DDBE.jpeg
    079F6B4C-49C2-436D-87BD-A97BC4B5DDBE.jpeg
    154.6 KB · Views: 11
  • 3DDFAABF-0FFC-4974-9017-9E95E4AEF407.jpeg
    3DDFAABF-0FFC-4974-9017-9E95E4AEF407.jpeg
    99.2 KB · Views: 11
  • 3B1B383E-0A85-4EB1-9235-16458B71E8B6.jpeg
    3B1B383E-0A85-4EB1-9235-16458B71E8B6.jpeg
    41.6 KB · Views: 11
Well there was a fair amount of information with what looked like a simulation program drawing over to the side on the ultra fat boy, but on the standard size fat boy there was only some launch reports and a small write-up about how sparse the kit was, but there were no dimensions at all. But anyway that was good to find,
thanks

Do you use Open Rocket?

Never looked at it.. Guess I should. Is there a library of rockets in a database?

I don't remember, but that rocket review page has a sim (.rkt) with all the dimensions. If you don't want to fool with OR, I'll PM the measurements to you when I get back home this evening.

Ultra Fat Boy only, I didn't see the other in a .rkt file.

Back