Shock Cord to Plastic Nose Cone:

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

GaryT

Reaction score
Someone had asked me how I attach my shock cord to a plastic NC so I figured I'd post how. This is how I! do it there are a 100 other ways to do it as well. First off don't use that plastic tab on the NC because it WILL break. All you need is the appropriate sized hole saw, Eyebolt and washers. Hope this helps.

EsSxfzI.jpg

7MOCVei.jpg

JUayXRm.jpg

Nice!

As an added plus, also gives you option to add nose weight with a longer bolt and added washers

Same here! I also put my tracker in a long piece of foam pipe insulation, shove it through the hatch, and let it ride in the nose.

Another way I've added nose weight to a plastic NC without! the all thread.

Take your NC and drill small holes all around the NC Tip, hole size depends on the NC size, after drilling and deburring the holes cover them with electrical tape, now mix your epoxy with BB's to your desired weight then pure your mixture into the tip of the NC Via the Hole Saw hole you drilled.

The epoxy will fill the holes you drilled forming a type of fish hook barb, you can even drill the holes on an angle making an even better hook like barb, once cured peel off the tape, the epoxy will be smooth and most likely not even need a sanding. I haven't ever had one break free yet.

Another way I've added nose weight to a plastic NC without! the all thread.

Take your NC and drill small holes all around the NC Tip, hole size depends on the NC size, after drilling and deburring the holes cover them with electrical tape, now mix your epoxy with BB's to your desired weight then pure your mixture into the tip of the NC Via the Hole Saw hole you drilled.

The epoxy will fill the holes you drilled forming a type of fish hook barb, you can even drill the holes on an angle making an even better hook like barb, once cured peel off the tape, the epoxy will be smooth and most likely not even need a sanding. I haven't ever had one break free yet.
That would work great.
Advantage of the eyebolt is that it does allow an easily adjustable way of changing nose weight. This might be useful for different motor or staging or payload configurations.

Couple holes a bit apart and fish the tether through. Now let’s see if I can get a picture associated to the reply.

IMG_0299.jpg

She has about 1# of BBs and epoxy with a dowel holding it in place.

Back