Shipping costs on the rise

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

quickburst

Reaction score
OK, Rocketry is a shipped hobby. Meaning most of what we buy is shipped to us from an assortment of vendors. These costs are going up, be prepared.

FedEx:
HazMat shipping charges are now $22.50 per box.
Pick up fees have gone up to $13.00 per pickup (yes, FedEx charges to pick up packages).

USPS (best deal available):
Postage rates go up middle of May, not sure of the exact increase, usually pennies, but today every penny counts.

Get ready you will need to dig a little deeper.

Didn't we see an increase when fuel prices went thru the roof a year ago? Now what is the justification?

This is more of a social comment than a "hey buyers, my shipping prices are going up" kinda thing......

The thing I was wondering was if I ship something that isn't "Hazmat", do they put Hazmat stuff on the same truck? Doesn't seem right to me.

OK, Rocketry is a shipped hobby. Meaning most of what we buy is shipped to us from an assortment of vendors. These costs are going up, be prepared.

FedEx:
HazMat shipping charges are now $22.50 per box.
Pick up fees have gone up to $13.00 per pickup (yes, FedEx charges to pick up packages).

USPS (best deal available):
Postage rates go up middle of May, not sure of the exact increase, usually pennies, but today every penny counts.

Get ready you will need to dig a little deeper.

Firsy class .44 and parcel post. a few other small items. Priority & express no change.

Mind if we move this to "Vendors"?

I don't mind if you move it.

It's really not a QuickBurst thing it's an explanation that hobbyists will soon see increased shipping charges, and a little insight as to why.

APCP will be deregulated May 15th, assuming the ATF does not file an appeal, and I have a feeling they wont (absolutely no science behind that statement, just a SWAG). So deregulation will bring some celebration.

However the celebration will be somewhat dampened by the increase in shipping costs. Deregulation may get the blame for the price increases, when shipping costs are responsible for most of it.

Buying "on site" will once again become the norm. When the vendors cost increases, the customers cost increases. Thats the way business works.

Actually they already raised Priority in January.:eek:

Al

Yes we know that, he was talking about rate changes in may that have not happened yet. Not ones that have occured ;)

I don't mind if you move it.

It's really not a QuickBurst thing it's an explanation that hobbyists will soon see increased shipping charges, and a little insight as to why.

APCP will be deregulated May 15th, assuming the ATF does not file an appeal, and I have a feeling they wont (absolutely no science behind that statement, just a SWAG). So deregulation will bring some celebration.

However the celebration will be somewhat dampened by the increase in shipping costs. Deregulation may get the blame for the price increases, when shipping costs are responsible for most of it.

Buying "on site" will once again become the norm. When the vendors cost increases, the customers cost increases. That's the way business works.
Shipping costs and rules will not change. Shipping by common carrier will still require a hazmat fee. Although APCP will not be regulated by BATFE for purchase, possession and use, it will remain as a regulated hazamt by DOT and the UN.

Bob

Back