Shipping Containers

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Hospital_Rocket

Reaction score
Does anybody here have eny eperience or a good source for renting a 20' dry load shipping container? The road into our winter launch site turns treacherous in a heartbeat and rather than drag a trailer in there each time, I'd like to rent a container to keep our launch equipment on site.

A

The 53 foot (?) container we use on our archery range for eqpt storage has been broken into numerous times. Apparently most of the time it was by homeless people (or druggies) looking for a place to crash because not too much stuff was missing, but they still broke in.

Get a great-honkin'-big lock to put on the door, and leave it facing some direction that can be monitored by someone driving by on a nearby road?

Originally posted by Hospital_Rocket
Does anybody here have eny eperience or a good source for renting a 20' dry load shipping container? The road into our winter launch site turns treacherous in a heartbeat and rather than drag a trailer in there each time, I'd like to rent a container to keep our launch equipment on site.

A

We used to be able to pick up surplus containers cheap (sale or rent) when I was in Va. Beach. You might be able to do the same by checking around with the shipping docks down in New Haven. Surplus meant "leaks". Bondo and sheet metal fixed that. But then you still have to move it in, and out if you can't leave it.

Pod USA is definitely more convenient. They drop off and pick up. But will they drop it in that field, and what cost insurance for it being unattended?

Back