• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Rocketry Forum and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

Sharow Aero Raven 4 rocket

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

crossfire

TRF Supporter
Reaction score
SOLD-1 Shadow Aero Raven 4 all carbon fiber rocket. As with all Shadow Aero kits this one was built by Dave Triano using his autoclave cured fins and bulk heads method. Pictures of rocket can be seen on the Shadow Aero site. This Raven has a little different paint job done by Dave than the picture. Rockets weight is 2 1/4 pounds and 74" long. dia. 38mm. Booster tube is 37". I have a custom made slim line type motor retainer on it. The retainer is flush with tube. It has 1 flight on it powered by a Kosdon J1500 to 10K. There was a little nosecone shoulder damage but is fixed up what I feel is better than new. Asking price is $150 plus $20 shipping anywhere with in the USA. Payment with Visa or PayPal will work for me. PM me or email [email protected]

Thanks

Last edited:
Thank goodness. I ran out of legitimate reasons to have it. Having a wife that flies rockets and understands how a Shadow Aero rocket should be flown (and that is not gonna happen anywhere near where we live) may not be the most effective way to build my collection.

This and the new Loki K for the 38-1200 case should be fun 🤔

SOLD-1 Shadow Aero Raven 4 all carbon fiber rocket. As with all Shadow Aero kits this one was built by Dave Triano using his autoclave cured fins and bulk heads method. Pictures of rocket can be seen on the Shadow Aero site. This Raven has a little different paint job done by Dave than the picture. Rockets weight is 2 1/4 pounds and 74" long. dia. 38mm. Booster tube is 37". I have a custom made slim line type motor retainer on it. The retainer is flush with tube. It has 1 flight on it powered by a Kosdon J1500 to 10K. There was a little nosecone shoulder damage but is fixed up what I feel is better than new. Asking price is $150 plus $20 shipping anywhere with in the USA. Payment with Visa or PayPal will work for me. PM me or email [email protected]

Thanks

soooo I cant find a picture of this rocket on the internet so if someone would be kind enough to post a picture of it so that I know what I'm supposed to be jealous about that would be great :p

Yes your right on the Raven 3. The Raven 4 Dennis has now came from Shadow built and painted with Raven 4 painted on it.

Dennis snags another good one...

Someone needs to take his iPad away!

Lucky me! Now to try and get it ready for a Loki K627LR in time for Balls. Arrived in great shape.

Dennis

Dennis
Glad to hear it made it. Shadow does things a little different than the standard DD rocket but it worked very well for Frank Kosdon and friends.

Lucky me! Now to try and get it ready for a Loki K627LR in time for Balls. Arrived in great shape.

Dennis
I bought a Raven without understanding how different it is than a typical rocket, especially having non-standard body size tubes. I could not use the existing nose cone with a tracker so I had a new custom one made. The recovery setup also really limits how you can configure things. I also paid way more for mine that yours but I was young and foolish back then. (This past spring.) The non-standard body size is also an issue in that I can't use the normal 38mm fly-away guides. I had to adapt a 54mm down to fit. I was hoping to get a custom fly-away guide for it but I don't think I'll get it in time.

I am flying mine on a K627 at BALLS - I have the motor in hand already and glued the grains in last night. Definitely on the bleeding edge of a 38mm case.

Good luck with yours,

Tony

The only time I flew it was on a Kosdon J1500. When the Raven left the rail Tim from WM said I think you bent the rail. Super fast lift off on that motor. I know a guy who has the Shadow Shock I might pick up.

The only time I flew it was on a Kosdon J1500. When the Raven left the rail Tim from WM said I think you bent the rail. Super fast lift off on that motor. I know a guy who has the Shadow Shock I might pick up.

A Shock was always on my hit list.

Latest posts

Back