Shakin' Diego

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Ray Dunakin

Reaction score
Today we had a 5.2 earthquake, which was centered about 40 miles off the coast. I was sitting out on the patio and for a moment it felt like being on a boat in the ocean as a wave goes by. The houses all rattled and creaked too. Only lasted a couple seconds, and no damage has been reported. That's the kind of earthquake I like -- a nifty experience with an unusual natural phenomenom, without anyone getting hurt. :)

The deadly Northridge quake several years ago was strong enough to wake us up all the way down here in San Diego. It almost rolled me out of bed.

Neither my wife nor I felt it. Funny thing is, my wife, being from Florida (home of hurricanes that cause widespread devastation on a fairly regular basis), is terrified of earthquakes. She's now been through 2 that were big enough to feel, but hasn't felt either of them. :rolleyes:

I grew up living right on top of a minor fault in the SF area, and had at least one earthquake per week, so I'm pretty used to them.

Any other San Diegans out there who were oblivious to the earthquake until they heard about it on the news?

WW

Back