• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Rocketry Forum and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

Found Service Wanted - Small Custom Parachute

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jqavins

Слава Україні
TRF Supporter
Reaction score
I'm looking for an 15 to 18 inch parachute with six or eight gores in alternating blue and slightly orangish yellow, i.e. Ukrainian flag colors. It's nothing special except the colors, and I'd put a regular plastic sheet chute on it otherwise. I could try making this myself, but I'd have to fix the sewing machine first (if I'm lucky it only needs a new belt) and shop for fabric, and read about why it's not as simple as I think to make one, and...

Please quote cost and time if you're interested in making this for me.

Preston @ Top Flight made my Ukrainian flag chute for Mini MWP. Its a beautiful 70" but not alternating colors, it is half blue half yellow. Its a standard configuration for him.

If you are OK with half and half, he can make it up in like a day. I ordered mine on Monday and had it on Friday.

@pnobile

IMG_20220416_171250_961.jpg

Last edited:
Great. I looked at Fruity Chutes, and it would have been more expensive than this is worth to me. I'll check these other three. Honestly, I was hoping someone here would reply with "Sure, I can do that for you. Send me..." something I feel OK with. And it it doesn't happen that way, oh well. I'm putting together an LP rocket, BT-80 and about three feet long, and don't want to pay 40 bucks for a parachute for a ten dollar rocket.

Side by side would do fine.

I second Top Flight for what you need. A simple BT80 rocket does not need a chute that cost more than $15 and frankly Preston @ Top Flight is the only one that can deliver at that price for a low power rocket.

It pains me that this is not blue and yellowish orange, and it's more like 24" because I would finish the shroud lines and give it to you. My skills are nothing fancy but I have had great success with some larger homemade chutes for HPR. I have patterns I designed for several sizes of parabolic chutes... Or maybe semi hemispherical? I even convinced my wife we needed a sewing machine for my endeavors. Haven't sewed one for several years.
Ken
20220727_205655.jpg

Thank you all for the advice suggestions. I've received a very kind offer (by PM) of one nearly free. I'll change the thread tag to Found.

Back