September Best Rocket Competition - Fliskit Based - All Power Classes

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
What a fun and great set of entrants in this months competition. Excellent work all! And Congratulations to the winner. That is a fine example of rocket building skill and patience I would like to some day attain.

-Z

I explained to my daugther today the results of the contest and showed her a picture of the winning rocket. Her mouth hung open a bit in awe as she looked at the rocket. I then explained to her that her rocket was voted as second place. A huge grin appeared, as she said "My rocket?". Yup, your rocket... must have been the pink stripe.

Thanks all. This was a nice boost to her confidence and 10 year old girls need all the confidence boosting they can get.

Congratulations to your daughter! She did a fantastic job!

As a female who is involved in rocketry, I know how important, and sometimes difficult, it is to get support and encouragement.

I've talked to Jim Flis and offered to donate a 2nd place prize for your daughter. The prize includes a Whatchamacallit kit and a dooDad kit. I've already placed the order with Jim, and all he needs is your address in order to ship the prize to her. You can either PM me with your address, and I'll forward it to Jim. Or, you may contact him directly. He'll be waiting to hear from you.

I hope this gives your daughter a little more incentive to continue with her rocketry career. We definitely need more girls in the hobby. :)

Please tell her congratulations from me!

Carol Marple, NAR 86280 L2
President, MASA, Section # 576

LOL!!! That is EXACTLY what I was going to say in the voting thread and chickened out. I was worried I would send the wrong message to the other entrants. Anyway, good on you! If you want to split the cost, just PM me! :)

What a fun and great set of entrants in this months competition. Excellent work all! And Congratulations to the winner. That is a fine example of rocket building skill and patience I would like to some day attain.

-Z

Dude your Herc rocked! :cheers::cheers::clap::clap:

Thanks Jeff :) I really love all the cut tubes and details on the Flis kit rockets. The herc was one of the first I purchased a few months ago when I started. I got the tubes cut then set it aside as I thought up a worthy paint job for it. This Competition was my inspiration to finish it. I think it turned out pretty good too. :) Thanks. Now I have to see if I can get my Night Whisper and Decim8 to look as good as the ones I saw here.

I hope to be challenged again in the next contest. This is fun

-Z

As a female who is involved in rocketry, I know how important, and sometimes difficult, it is to get support and encouragement.

I've talked to Jim Flis and offered to donate a 2nd place prize for your daughter. The prize includes a Whatchamacallit kit and a dooDad kit. I've already placed the order with Jim, and all he needs is your address in order to ship the prize to her. You can either PM me with your address, and I'll forward it to Jim. Or, you may contact him directly. He'll be waiting to hear from you.

I hope this gives your daughter a little more incentive to continue with her rocketry career. We definitely need more girls in the hobby. :)

I second (10th?? :) ) the congrats to your daughter. I teach a LOT of rocketry in the New England area and have yet to see as nice a build and paint job on a Thing-a-ma-Jig with MY 10 year old boys and girls :)

Also, a special thank you to Carol for thinking outside the box to the strength of the hobby of model rocketry. I am thrilled to be able to help out and will get your kits out as soon as I get your contact information!

Also, thank you to ALL who entered. These are some mighty fine examples of our kits and I am proud to be able to point folks to these threads as examples of the kits we produce and how they CAN look if you take your time :)

how they CAN look if you take your time :)

Even when you try to make it look bad!:roll:
AcmeSpitfire001.jpg

Believe me, it actually DID take some time and a lot of effort to get a crappy looking paint job on this rocket.:rolleyes: It flies great!

Can't wait to see what else is in the 'pipeline' for year #10 Jim! :)

And again, THANKS a ton for your support!:handshake:

I can't begin to express how grateful I am for the support you are showing for my daughter Katherine. This is giving her a real boost in confidence and I haven't even told her about the "second place prize" yet. I'll let it surprise her when it arrives on the doorstep.

I could have bought these myself of course, but them coming from someone other than her parents will mean a whole lot more. Remember being 10? :D

Last night she asked me how old she needs to be to get her Junior Level 1. :y: I think we may have created a monster that will be a challenge to feed.

Back