September 20 & 21 - CTRA/NARCONN Invitational - Cobleskill, NY - Research Rules!

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

patelldp

Reaction score
We're a month a way from the annual CTRA/NARCONN Invitational Launch! This year has an added twist, the club is now flying under the Tripoli Research Safety Code, so bring out whatever you're working on!

The club has a 7,500' waiver and a max impulse restriction of 5,120 Ns. The site is in Cobleskill, NY and directions to the field can be found at www.ctra-narconn.org.

There's a facebook event was well: https://www.facebook.com/events/688284614575529/

Let's start some discussion about projects and get the excitement brewing!

Invitational%202013.jpg

I will be there . Its been 10 years .

Been about the same for me - last Invitational I went to was '04, I remember drag racing our Bruiser EXPs on K motors. Last time I was in Cobleskill was June of '05. Man, time flies.

Have fun guys, someday I'll make it back up to the NE.

Dont know yet Dan . A 75 mm 3 grain of some flavor in my 1/2 scale Nike Smoke . My competitor 4 on a K590dt and a K980 skid ( 54/2550 ) for saturday night. I need to get my estes DD nike smoke in the air .
Steve are gonna make it to Ldrs this coming year ? Its nice , the field is only 3 hours away .

Eric

Eric

Dont know yet Dan . A 75 mm 3 grain of some flavor in my 1/2 scale Nike Smoke . My competitor 4 on a K590dt and a K980 skid ( 54/2550 ) for saturday night. I need to get my estes DD nike smoke in the air .
Steve are gonna make it to Ldrs this coming year ? Its nice , the field is only 3 hours away .

Eric

Eric

Eric -

Have fun at Potter - I went to both LDRSs there ('09 and '12) as well as URRF in '13 before I moved out of the northeast for good. Pretty much as good as it gets on the East Coast - you'll enjoy it.

Seeing as I live out west now, don't see myself getting back to any east coast launches for the time being. It was a good run, from the Pine Plains days to METRA and MDRA on up to Potter. But, having 50k' in your backyard doesn't hurt, either.

Gary - better see you and Curt at Balls! Eric - we've been talking about it for a decade - hope to see you out at Black Rock soon - you know where to find me.

S

ill be there.

Super DX3- I327DM

Blackhawk38-H100,I245

Calvin&Hobbes 2 stage- H669-H100

might have another 38mm minimum diameter rocket done by then as well.

It's looking like I may be able to make it on Sunday! My wife and I have a local wedding we're attending on Saturday, but Sunday appears to be open! Obviously it's contingent upon me not enjoying myself too much at the wedding...

I'll have a few rockets to fly in my quest to deplete my Research motor stash.

5" Jart - 38/640 J450 Fast
4" Lil' Nuke - 54/1050 J400 Blue
4" Broken Arrow XP - 76/1700 K525 Sparky

We're only a few weeks away, let's hear what you guys have planned!

We're awhile away but figured is ask.

Will anyone have a Loki 38mm 240 case I can borrow? I lost mine at the last launch and still have 2 loads for it.

We're awhile away but figured is ask.

Will anyone have a Loki 38mm 240 case I can borrow? I lost mine at the last launch and still have 2 loads for it.

It's out there somewhere! Judging by the sound it made (a loud WHACK) I can't imagine it made it down into the ground very far. Another hunt with a few people may turn the rocket up. If I make it out on Sunday of the Invitational I'll take a look for it.

It's out there somewhere! Judging by the sound it made (a loud WHACK) I can't imagine it made it down into the ground very far. Another hunt with a few people may turn the rocket up. If I make it out on Sunday of the Invitational I'll take a look for it.

Thanks it's out there but incase I don't did it I wanted a back up option. My dad and I were out there for about an hour an a half and we couldn't find anything. There is nothing where the last gps coordinates are.

I will not be able to make it on Sunday. I wish everyone good weather!

I might be there both days:

DX3- I316 spitfire

Blackhawk38- H178R

Yo Dan , guess who owes me a beer ? I found your 3 inch carbon rockets caretaker yesterday . Its all there , although the chute looks very weathered .

Conman , I recovered this real nicely built and painted blackhawk . Btw , it landed in the long driveway up to the new house . The owner was heading to town and picked it up .

For all who did not attend , myself and gary had a side by side drag race on L impulse motors . You really missed out .

Eric

Yo Dan , guess who owes me a beer ? I found your 3 inch carbon rockets caretaker yesterday . Its all there , although the chute looks very weathered .

Conman , I recovered this real nicely built and painted blackhawk . Btw , it landed in the long driveway up to the new house . The owner was heading to town and picked it up .

For all who did not attend , myself and gary had a side by side drag race on L impulse motors . You really missed out .

Eric

thanks so much Eric!!! I picked it up from mike earlier today. we weren't that far off from it then because we walked right past the driveway.apogee was at 2619ft. I owe you bigtime! I really wish I could have been there for that drag race mike said it was something.

Eric

Miller High Life?

Thanks so much. Looking forward to recovering all the goods in that rocket. The chute is an old Cayemberg chute that has been repaired, hence the weathering.

Back