Sept 18th - Anniversary Party (CMASS LAUNCH)

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

n3tjm

Papa Elf
Reaction score
September 18th, there is a launch in Tewksberry, MA. Hosted by CMASS.... Sponsored by Fliskits...

And We are Celebrating a Anniversary :)
Happy 2yrs to Fliskits!!!

Originally posted by n3tjm
September 18th, there is a launch in Tewksberry, MA. Hosted by CMASS.... Sponsored by Fliskits...

Cool. Is there going to be cake and ice cream? If so, I might be tempted...but only if AL comes with me:D :D

Meoowwww! (cat's outta the bag :D )

CMASS was gracious enough to adjust their September schedule to have a launch on Saturday, Sept 18th (2 days after our 2nd anniversary) in Tewksbury, MA. Additionally, as a result of some unexpected added costs related to the Tewksbury field, FlisKits has offered to sponsor one of the Tewksbury launches, by picking up the costs, and figures the September launch worked out the best for all involved.

We hope to have an announcement on our site tonight or tomorrow about the event. It will be low key, but still a whole lotta fun. If everything pans out, here is a snapshot of what we are hoping to do:

- Media: We hope to have 2 NH newspapers there along with a NH local TV news channel. They covered our grand openening and we are looking ot see if they would be interested in doing a followup.

- Cake: Yes, there will be cake. But no icecream... (too hot even in september)

- New announcement: We hope to be announcing the Triskelion (formerly called the "Tripod") Here is a pic of her on the pad: https://fliskits.com/photo_album/cmass_071704a/images/p3110048.jpg
and another of her launching: https://fliskits.com/photo_album/cmass_071704a/images/p3110049.jpg

- Giveaways: We are hoping to be able to give away 25 or more FREE Triskelion kits (We haven't nailed down how we're going to do this, but we want kids to have priority). We're also going to be giving away several other kits (we haven't figured this one out yet either, but stay tuned :) )

Plus a full day of flying and having loads of fun! Pray for good weather! :)

jim

Cake... at a rocket launch... with Fliskits there...

Well, DUH!!! *I'M* comin!!! :D ;)

Hey Jim, do I count as a kid? :D ;) ;) if I dont, I guess Ill just have to ask you how much those things cost so I can figure out how much "hot dog" money to ask my dad for.... :D We wants one, my precious.... We wants all the kits Fliskits makes, but we dont have the money, precious... :( But we will have a job in a few years, my precious, yes.... Then I can buy Flisfleet 2002, Flisfleet 2003, Flisfleet 2004, Flisfleet 2005 and Flisfleet 2006... Yes, my precious, yes...

:D :D

I wont have anything big for Tewksbury, proabably just a few small sport birds, if I bring anything at all... Besides my parachutes... Money, precious, money to buy Fliskits stuff with, my precious... :D

ROTFL!!! :D :D :D

So, how much do these suckers cost?

I hope they cost less than $20... Itd look a little suspicious if I asked my dad for more than that, just for "a little food" :D

OOO! Under $10 is good... My friend and I could get one each with just the change from lunch! :D

You can NEVER have seen LOTR too many times. :D

So Jim,

My birthday is the same day as your 2nd anniversary.

Do I win a prize?? :p

Other than getting to add another candle to the cake. :rolleyes:

I need a permit from the Fire Department to fire that sucker up now!:D

Originally posted by BobH48
So Jim,

My birthday is the same day as your 2nd anniversary.

Do I win a prize?? :p

Other than getting to add another candle to the cake. :rolleyes:

I need a permit from the Fire Department to fire that sucker up now!:D

You can have an extra piece of birthday cake :) :)

Sorry Jim, looks as though I wont be coming...

I have...

Other...

"commitments"....

PINETREE ROCKETRY HPR LAUNCH, 18/19 SEPTEMBER WEEKEND, OH YEA!!!!

(neil goes and checks the experation date on the carton of milk he just drank... :D)

Anyways, I have priorities... If the bday launch were at the main field and not Tewksbury, I would consider going to the bday launch... But I really really dont like the Tewksbury field, and Cherryfield launches dont come around very often...

Originally posted by Neil
I have...

Other...

"commitments"....

PINETREE ROCKETRY HPR LAUNCH, 18/19 SEPTEMBER WEEKEND, OH YEA!!!!

Well, I guess Neil will miss out on seeing my Super Glotova on display....

Actaully Neil, I am a little disapointed... I wanted you to check out the SG... because I like to hear what your sharp eyes have to say about it ;)

Now I have to wait till Oct 2nd... :(

You COULD just bring it up to Cherryfield, ya know... ;)

Ill see if I can get my mom to drive me to the CMASS launch, if the Pinetree launch is on the 19th... My dad will be bringing me up to Cherryfield, of course, so if I can get my mom to bring me down to CMASS, and my dad to bring me up to Pinetree... :D Itd be one big weekend of rocket launching, but surely THAT cant be a bad thing... ;) :D

Surely your not bringing the SG to the CMASS launch to FLY, right? Isnt that thing two staged with parallel boosters or something? Just a tad large for Tewksbury... :eek: ;) :(

Yeah... no one volunteered to clean up the sap that go all over the place last time ;).

I am bringing it to the Tewksbury launch for Display only :). The Amesbury launch it will be it's day :)... But that is for another thread :)

Looks like my mom is busy on the 18th so she cant take me down there... Ah well. I guess ill be there for the next one (oct 2, did you say?).

See you oct 2, if thats when the next one is.

So, are there any plans to reschedule the birthday bash if the rocket gods are not benevolent and the (insert shudder here) rain comes?

A

i'm wondering the same thing....

I will have to check with Bill to see what they normally do...

jim

#@$(&!!! Cherryfield launch cancelled because they think we are all out of motors... HA! They must not have seen our storage magazine when we were there last weekend... :kill:

Oh well. So much for that tough choice.

See you all this weekend at Tewksbury! :rolleyes: ;)

Originally posted by n3tjm

If CATO cancels I may head up. What's your flying limits?

From the CMASS mailing list:

I'm pretty sure we'll get a launch in this weekend but I'm not positive it will be Saturday. Ivan stopped being a potential factor early in the week but right now the forecasts are calling for "a chance of rain" or "rain likely" on Saturday.My guess is that as usual I'm going to be up early Saturday looking at the weather and I won't be able to make a decision until then. The launch status will be on 781 231 1018 after 8:00 Saturday A.M. We have the field from 10:00 to 4:00 so I'll be getting there a little before 10:00 to begin setup. Jim Flis, I think you can safely order the cake.
Just like our last launch.... if I remember correctly.. we got some good flying then.

What's your flying limits?
Large Model Rocket ... 1/8A - G. The feild is small. You'd notice I seriously underpower my rockets there... for a reason :(. Great UFO flying feild though ;).

I'd say it looks like we're a go. It will clearly be a last minute thing, but FlisKits will be there with cake and kits, regardless. I will be in close communications with Bill.

We will be announcing the new Triskelion kit and giving several away. I just got back from ordering the cake, so's y'all better show up! :)

See you then!
jim

PARTY!!!
69.gif

ROCKET PARTY!!!
69.gif

YA!!! :D

Metra just cancelled and It looks like we will probably be a wash.

I just fired my Endeavor with 3 altimiters and no recovery system from my backyard as a sacrifice to the rocket gods. I am hopimg the sacrifice will appease them. ;)

Weather is iffy in the Boston area -> depends on which weather site you use

Weather.com - rain
NOAA - chance of rain
NWS - scattered showers
Madame Gronsky's crystal ball (best bet) - daylight followed by night

You get the idea.

N3TJM - If you wash on Saturday do you automatically fly on Sunday?

A

Originally posted by Hospital_Rocket
N3TJM - If you wash on Saturday do you automatically fly on Sunday?

No... but they may make an acception with this case. The problem is they have to pay for the use of the field. If it is Sunday, I don't know if I can make it. I have Church.... and I get out around 12:30.. so I would have to leave from there... so I would only be there for a couple hours... I'll probabily do it because someone owes me a kit, and I am making delivery on some loads I sold... and collecting the cash for that :).

Originally posted by jflis
Guess we'll find out Saturday :)

This forecast looks farily good:

https://wwwa.accuweather.com/adcbin...76&partner=telegraph&whend=3&whent=6&metric=0

That's the only forecast I've seen that doesn't have rain all day or Saturday.

We have Sunday as the rain date and will confirm that with the town on Friday.

For those of you who haven't been to a CMASS launch, the status will be available at 781 231 1018 after 8:00 on Saturday. If you call before that you get to listen to my fax machine.

Well, one of those websites is a load of crap, then :D I think thats safe to say :D

If one says rain, one says maybe rain, and one says itll be nice out, one of thems gotta be wrong... ;)

All I can say, Jim, is your tent better be big enough to fit all of us if its rainin'! :D ;) ;) ;)

I guess ill bring my raincoat...

Are dogs allowed at Tewksbury? Were thinking we might like to bring her along if its allowed :) Isnt she pretty? :D

Back