Semroc ???

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Falcon195

Reaction score
I have never seen an actual photo of a Semroc rocket either build or in kit form.
How is the quality of these kits ?
Thanks

Semroc is a class operation, first class all around.

If you want to see some photos, go to the gallery section of TRF and look under the Semroc in the index. There will be many.

Be forwarned, the galleries are being worked on but there are still lots there.

Semroc huh? I have a bunch of their kits, and my scratchbuilds are composed mostly of SEMROC parts.

here are the pics I have

Defender and Magnum Sprint

photo1-vi.jpg

SLS Brighton:

photo2-vi.jpg

SEMROC's quality is awesome. The customer service is incredible. If they have something you like, go for it, you will not be disappointed. Soon you will see why I call their packages the "white box of happiness"

Semroc kits are as good as kits get. Outstanding parts and outstanding people producing them.

Last edited:
Semroc is quality and great customer service. You won't find a better LPR vendor. Buy a kit, or two, or three, or four . . . . You won't be disappointed.

I have never seen an actual photo of a Semroc rocket either build or in kit form.
How is the quality of these kits ?

Think Estes kits from the 70s -- quality tubes, balsa nose cones, balsa fins, etc.

Great instructions, great folks to work with.

You can place an order with them with confidence that you'll be treated well and get a quality product.

-Kevin

AAA+ rated company in the minds of many !

You want to build a Saturn 1B....SEMROC has it ,and it`s beautiful ,if not for them you have only two options ,re-mortgage your house and hope for an original on E-Bay $$$$$

Or ,get the large version from Apogee ,another beauty but not cheap.

Always wanted an Orbital Transport ,SEMROC has that too....

Top quality parts ,decals and the kit instructions are great !

As rocketeers ,we don`t know how lucky we are to have a vendor like SEMROC !

Paul T

Thanks for the quick replies.
Great it sounds like I will be ordering a couple kits from Semroc.

Cherokee D
Goblin
Mini Omega
Shrike

As you can see I am of that age that the old Estes kits hold a soft spot in my heart.

I have two Semroc kits, the Mars Lander and the Orbital Transport. Just opened the ML over the weekend and started it. Absolutely fantastic quality no doubt about it!!

As the previous comments show, you will not be disappointed with the service or product. You might consider joining their SAM program, also.

Great products, great service, terrrific people!

Chas

I have somewhere around 60 or so Semroc kits, and only two of them are duplicates. :D

To put it another way, I only have somewhere around 60 or so Semroc kits, and two of them are duplicates! :eek:

Last edited:
I have somewhere around 60 or so Semroc kits, and only two of them are duplicates. :D

To put it another way, I only have somewhere around 60 or so Semroc kits, and two of them are duplicates! :eek:

:eek: That's more than my whole fleet! Anyway, I have a Moon Glo and a Lil' Hercules. Semroc makes high quality kits.

:eek::eek: Ok all. I feel like I walked on the set of Funny Farm. But we don't have the $50 for each of you!

Seriously, even though we stay far too busy to devote as much time on the forums as we would like, it is so heartwarming to know we have so many friends that speak up for us. That is good in times like this, because I just don't know what to say. Thanks to all for the kind words. Now I have to get back to work to live up to them.

Falcon195, thanks for the thread. Send us your address and we will send a kit to you so you can form your own opinion.

:eek::eek: Ok all. I feel like I walked on the set of Funny Farm. But we don't have the $50 for each of you!

Seriously, even though we stay far too busy to devote as much time on the forums as we would like, it is so heartwarming to know we have so many friends that speak up for us. That is good in times like this, because I just don't know what to say. Thanks to all for the kind words. Now I have to get back to work to live up to them.

Falcon195, thanks for the thread. Send us your address and we will send a kit to you so you can form your own opinion.

Carl
Thanks so much for the generous offer this shows how your company is in touch with the customers needs and your pride in your product. I ordered a Goblin kit from you folks a few days due to all the positive responses in this thread and I look forward to building this and many more of your kits.
Again thanks for the offer as it is the thought that counts and means so much.
George

Received the Goblin kit yesterday and you guys are right.
Awesome quality and great customer service.

Semroc rules, Carl and staff rock, quality is awesome, flights even more so. Reminds me of the Golden Age of Model Rocketry in the 70's.

Need I say more?

Keep up the good work Carl! :wave:

I've had nothing less than great service from Semroc. I'm on the west coast and my orders always arrive in 2-3 days. Product quality is also great, and I see a few more of their kits that look interesting. I'll be ordering more from them once the building bug hits me again.:D

Like all of the others have said,BEST ROCKET COMPANY PERIOD.I just built a rocket out of semroc parts I had left over from other projects and needed a coupler.Sheryl sent me one at no charge.What a sweet-heart. And with free shipping on any order $10 or more.You can't beat that or their parts.I could not have finished my rocket without my coupler.Thanks Semroc.cjp.

scratch build 002.jpg

Get virtually ALL my parts from Semroc...

Their website is a scratchbuilders/cloner's paradise!

Service is second to NONE! (though Wes at Dr. Zooch is a close second...)

Later! OL JR :)

I have to chime in here. I'm a BAR.

I stumbled across a My Boid build thread and it really got me interested in them. I really like the idea of a set body tube with a random NC and fin set.

I ordered a My Boid and a Centurion one night. A few hours later, I received an email that the order was processed and ready to ship. These guys and gals work at all hours!

Everything came in a well packaged box and even included a signed note saying thanks for the order.

The rockets were great. Nothing was bent or warped and I don't even think I had to do much sanding on the wood - the cutting is that great. I really liked the body tubes on the Centurion. Instructions are excellent (and available for download too) and if you get a retro repo, you also learn a bit of the history of the design.

I've worked in Customer Service for years, and I know what good and bad CS is. This is the best of the best. I've seen numerous offers to resend or send free kits to customer and potentials all over his forum without any questions asked, offers to help people find the item they're looking for, and general niceness. You get way more than what you pay for, and really, I wouldn't mind paying double for any product they sell because of the great CS.

Now, if they ever sell a BT-60 "Big Boid" I'll get 20 of them. :)

They're made here in the good ol' US of A. What more do you need to know. Any word yet on their Saturn V?

Last edited:
I just got a second order from them and same thing lightning fast shipping and the kit, packing, everything is just great. These fine people must be planning to stay in business!!!!! :)

Semroc kits? Well, if they weren't great kits, I don't think I would have bought about fifteen of them at NARAM this year! Seriously, Semroc kits are outstanding quality, the instructions are first rate (you can dowload them from each kit's page to see what they look like) and the service is first rate! They practically ship your order to you the day before you place it. And even though I'd only ordered from them a couple times previous, they remembered my name when I visited their booth at NARAM! Like I said, incredible service and incredible kits. You cannot go wrong ordering from them! :D

Back