• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Rocketry Forum and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

Found Semroc USS Andromeda kit

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Antares JS

Professional Amateur
TRF Supporter
Reaction score
I am mighty tempted by the Wildman version, but I would really like to build the original-sized one as well. It's one of the very few sci-fi model rocket designs that I have found interesting. Unfortunately it's out of stock everywhere I've looked. If anyone has an unbuilt Andromeda they would be willing to part with, please get in touch. I am offering $60 + shipping, the current list price from erockets.

I have a Semroc Andromeda new in an unopened bag.
It has two crimped ST-7 tubes, courtesy of USPS (pics attached).
That is all the damage I can see without opening the bag.
If you are willing to replace or repair the crimped tubes, I am offering $50 + shipping.
PM me if interested.
0408220827[1].jpg
0408220826a[1].jpg

Oh man, this was my first sci-fi kit, way back when. It was a pure hack-job. No sealer on the fins, transition or nose cone, slopped orange over badly sprayed outboards and warped dowels.
But I loved her...
Heck, now I'm going to have to scratch build one.

Antares JS, have you considered scratching the kit? It wouldn't be that difficult.

I have a Semroc Andromeda new in an unopened bag.
It has two crimped ST-7 tubes, courtesy of USPS (pics attached).
That is all the damage I can see without opening the bag.
If you are willing to replace or repair the crimped tubes, I am offering $50 + shipping.
PM me if interested.
View attachment 513390
View attachment 513391
If he doesn't take it I will!

While I can't help you on that, here is a picture of one a guy at Red Glare was flying. He said it was 16lbs... I think he said it was an I engine.View attachment 513379

I was at Red Glare and saw that fly, that's actually what got me thinking about it.

I have reached out to @B_RadB and I'm going to buy his. I will mark this thread as found once it is in my hands.

Though my flight was less than optimal, I haven't seen any indication that anyone else has flown a WM Andromeda successfully

I recall a video from Wildman of one that flew successfully. I could not find it with a quick search of TRF
But I found it on YouTube

Yeah, this one was 13 feet long, flew really well.No mention as to what motor though.Probably gonna take a while before the Semroc model is available,I noticed that someone bought an original on line just recently.

Yeah, this one was 13 feet long, flew really well.No mention as to what motor though.Probably gonna take a while before the Semroc model is available,I noticed that someone bought an original on line just recently.

It they went with the nosecone provided, yes it would be right at the 13ft mark.

Back