Semroc Taurus & Launch Missile

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tonypv

And so it begins...
Reaction score
Just finished these two.
The Taurus is a rebuild to replace the one that found a new home in a tree about two years ago.
The Launch Missile I picked up at NARCON.

Taurus rebuild sm.jpg

Launch Missile sm.jpg

Next CMASS launch are you going to fly these nice looking models? Isn't this the same field where you treed the other Taurus? History repeating???

Great job - they look fantastik!:clap:

Thanks.

Next CMASS launch are you going to fly these nice looking models? Isn't this the same field where you treed the other Taurus? History repeating???

Thanks Paul.
I do plan to fly them at the next launch.
And yes you are correct that is where I treed the Taurus.
Lets hope history doesn't repeat.

Which tree is going to get the LAUNCH missile? :p

MarkII

Just finished these two.
The Taurus is a rebuild to replace the one that found a new home in a tree about two years ago.

Great finish on those rockets, Tony! As always, top notch. I specially like the red paint on the Taurus! What red is it? I have one of those still in the bag since I have scratch built one. I also have my Launch missile that has been assembled already. Started to fill in the balsa and will be applying primer soon. Fun rocket. And since you mentioned you will be launching these soon, post pictures! Keep them flying!

Really nice job, Tony!

Here's what I'm up to, that's related...

vaneson3.jpg

-Kevin

Great finish on those rockets, Tony! As always, top notch. I specially like the red paint on the Taurus! What red is it?

I believe it to be Testors Pearl Red..At least it looks like..

Just finished these two.

Super paint jobs! Especially on the Taurus! Love the Pearl Red and Blue colors! Really makes it POP!:D Your paint skills leave my to shame...

Here is my meager attempt at a 'fancy' paint job on my Taurus
TaurusFleetShip009sm.jpg

Tony your work is superb as is Kevins and Jons. I would love to attend a launch with you fellas to watch these birds go up :)
Cheers
fred

Sheesh. Nothing like a look at rockets like these to make me feel increasingly inadequate at finishing. :eek:

All kidding aside they are very impressive. :D

Thanks everyone. :blush:

Pantherjon, Yours looks good to me.

troj, I've been following you build thread on ROL. Nice upscale.

Great finish on those rockets, Tony! As always, top notch. I specially like the red paint on the Taurus! What red is it? I have one of those still in the bag since I have scratch built one. I also have my Launch missile that has been assembled already. Started to fill in the balsa and will be applying primer soon. Fun rocket. And since you mentioned you will be launching these soon, post pictures! Keep them flying!

Thanks Raul.
Mine could never look as good as yours. :)
The red and blue are Testers Candy Apple Red and Sapphire Blue Metallic. Both have an under coat of silver.

Yes there will be pictures. :)

You did a great job, looks fantastic.

I just finished building the same rockets, I hope mine look as good as yours.

Those look great Tony. I like the classic look of that Launch missile. That Taurus really "pops". Sorry about the first Taurus, but this one looks every bit as good...if not better!

Wow, Tony great job as usual. both look great, but the Taurus is truly a work of art!

Those look great Tony. I like the classic look of that Launch missile. That Taurus really "pops". Sorry about the first Taurus, but this one looks every bit as good...if not better!

Wow, Tony great job as usual. both look great, but the Taurus is truly a work of art!

Thanks guys.

I got to fly both yesterday.
The Taurus flew on a B6-4 for a nice flight.
The Launch Missile used a B4-4. I angled the rod into the wind a little (wind was light, but it's a small field) but when it launched it turned with the wind. It landed in the trees at the far end of the field. :rolleyes: You can see the trees in the back round of the Taurus pictures.
Having gone into these trees before (lots of brush and had to get around) I didn't have much hope of finding it but another flier had a good line on where it came down.
So we went in and found it pretty quickly in a small tree about 12 feet up. I was able to bend the tree down to retrieve the rocket with no damage. :)

Taurus 1otp sm.jpg

Taurus 2lo sm.jpg

Launch Missile 1otp sm.jpg

Launch Missile 2lo sm.jpg

I finally finished my Taurus.

It's not in the same class as Tony's but I thought it came out pretty good.

I'm planning on bringing it to the next CMASS launch.

Taurus 01.jpg

Back