Semroc SLS Aero-Dart

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I just finish the Semroc SLS Aero-Dart.
As always a great kit from Semroc.

We'll have to drag race Tony...here's mine. The colors look a little dark though, the red is closer to yours.

aerodart 2.jpg

We'll have to drag race Tony...here's mine. The colors look a little dark though, the red is closer to yours.
Tony,
Nice job, as usual. I'll bring mine to the next launch and we can try for a 3 way drag race if Dan happens to come. It flies real nice on an E9-4.

Tony,
Nice job, as usual. I'll bring mine to the next launch and we can try for a 3 way drag race if Dan happens to come. It flies real nice on an E9-4.

Thanks Bob.

Ooo... another drag race! :D
Hope you can make it Dan.
I was planing on using an E9-4 for it's first flight. :)

dcastle

I've fussed the color for your photo, and reposted it here. I just lightened it a bit, then increased the contrast, then increased the color saturation to get it to it looked good. Hope you don't mind.

aerodart 2.jpg

Tony & Dan,

Your SLS Aero-Dart models look GREAT! :D Please post some pictures when you fly them.

I flew my SLS Aero-Dart with an AeroTech E15W motor at NARAM-49.

I really like the Semroc SLS series of kits. :)

N49 SLS Aero-Dart launch.jpg

Tony & Dan,

Your SLS Aero-Dart models look GREAT! :D Please post some pictures when you fly them.

I flew my SLS Aero-Dart with an AeroTech E15W motor at NARAM-49.

I really like the Semroc SLS series of kits. :)
Thanks Bob.

I will post pictures.
The weather is looking good for our launch this weekend too. :)
Yes, I agree the SLS kits are very nice kits as are all of Semroc's kits.

Thanks! That's more like what it really looks like!

dcastle

I've fussed the color for your photo, and reposted it here. I just lightened it a bit, then increased the contrast, then increased the color saturation to get it to it looked good. Hope you don't mind.

Thanks Bob.

I will post pictures.
The weather is looking good for our launch this weekend too. :)
Yes, I agree the SLS kits are very nice kits as are all of Semroc's kits.

Launch this weekend? I hadn't checkd the schedule...I can probably be there...

We launched the Aero-Darts yesterday, both on E9-4's. :)
Bob and I were saying all day that Dan would show up right after we flew ours, so we waited until mid afternoon to fly.
But wouldn't you know it that's just what happened. :rolleyes:
Bob's got off the pad just a little faster than mine (on the right).
But they flew almost side by side the whole flight.
And Bob stuck the landing. :p :)

Aero-Dart otp sm.jpg

Aero-Dart dr2 sm.jpg

Aero-Dart dr3 sm.jpg

Bob's Aero-Dart landing sm.jpg

We launched the Aero-Darts yesterday, both on E9-4's. :)
Bob and I were saying all day that Dan would show up right after we flew ours, so we waited until mid afternoon to fly.
But wouldn't you know it that's just what happened. :rolleyes:
Bob's got off the pad just a little faster than mine (on the right).
But they flew almost side by side the whole flight.
And Bob stuck the landing. :p :)

I was just getting to my table after walking from the parking lot as Tony and Bob were ready to go...so I flew mine by myself on an E9-4 too. Here are some pix...

My parachute acted a little weird on the way down, like it had lost a shroud or something, but other than one section being slightly stuck to another it was fine, no melting or scorch marks. I also nailed my landing though not as dramatically as Bob did...when it landed one fin stuck right in the ground and kept the rocket standing. No damage, just a little dirt to clean off.

What a great flyer this is...I have the 29mm mount for it but I'm not sure I really want to put a G in this, but I would like to play with some composites at some point.

Semroc SLS AeroDart ready to fly.jpg

Aerodart launching on an E9-4.JPG

Aerodart on the chute.jpg

Aerodart - odd landing #2.jpg

Aerodart - odd landing #3 - fin stuck in ground.jpg

Tony, any comments or insights into the build?

As with all Semroc kits this is a straight forward build. The main difference is the changeable motor mount. The kit comes with a 24mm mount, and Semroc has a 29mm that you can get for it separately.
The E9-4 was a perfect motor for this rocket. An E18 or E15 would give it a real good too.

I was just getting to my table after walking from the parking lot as Tony and Bob were ready to go...so I flew mine by myself on an E9-4 too. Here are some pix...

My parachute acted a little weird on the way down, like it had lost a shroud or something, but other than one section being slightly stuck to another it was fine, no melting or scorch marks. I also nailed my landing though not as dramatically as Bob did...when it landed one fin stuck right in the ground and kept the rocket standing. No damage, just a little dirt to clean off.

What a great flyer this is...I have the 29mm mount for it but I'm not sure I really want to put a G in this, but I would like to play with some composites at some point.

I think if you put a G in this rocket you might now see it again. ;)
You can see Bob and I in the back round of the launch show. :)

Back