Semroc Saturn 1B build

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Glad to see you are back at it! I originally built one back when I was 15 - guess I had more patience then!

image.jpgStarting work on the attitude control system, the very last part of this build. It is painstaking work that requires one to keep their attitude in control!

Honest to Pete, I love a good scale model flying, but WOW! I built that tower as a youngster some 50 years ago on the Estes Little Joe II, but doing those RCS nozzles is really kicking it up a notch. You're doing a beautiful build, I pray your engine manufacturer of choice does just as good of a job on the ejection charge uniformity and timing... man, I'd hate to see all that careful work return to earth any way but under a full, beautiful 'chute in a nice, open field. Keep it up, you're inspiring me!

Last edited:
looks fantastic so far! were you going to go with the black and white tank Apollo 7 scheme or the later all white tank version?

This is such an enjoyable kit to build - Semroc did a great job being true to the original while improving things at the same time. The tower is a work of art, and yours came out really nice! This is a kit worth taking your time on, it took me probably 6 months to build over the winter.

Back