Semroc Rocket Company

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

marvSRG

Reaction score
Has anyone heard of Semroc? It's @ www.semroc.com. Awesome rocket company, and they're out of Knighdale, NC, which isn't too far for most of us! Evidently it's an old rocket company that's been brought back. It looks awesome...great kits. Check it out!

marv,

Do a search on this forum...we are all way ahead of you...LOL!

Great stuff he's got too! Especially love the RockeRacks...I have 6...or more...

We even got pics and finished models!

sandman

Thanks sandman...I had no idea that people knew about Semroc. I haven't noticed any posts about them latley, and to add, the latest company being talked about has been Fliskits. So I guess I just didn't catch them, but I'll check them out!

Thanks

marvSRG, your tag line is "When in doubt, CLUSTER!". Give Semroc's Hydra VII a look - theres a reason for the 7 in the name ;)

marvSRG, your tag line is "When in doubt, CLUSTER!". Give Semroc's Hydra VII a look - theres a reason for the 7 in the name

Yeah, that's what got my attention in the first place! What a cool kit for the power plant and design...and not bad at only $23.00. I'm thinkin' about it....

WOW! I am SO hot right now!
I think that's someone who might be selling Carl's stuff second hand. Pretty funny though. Still.......Raspberry Beer? A pair o' them frilly undies would be just the thing to wear while you're sipping that. On the chance that we meet someday, remind me and I'll buy you a Wiedemann. It's a MAN'S beer and two or three have the power to make you wish you'd never heard of fermentation. (Actually, I've been told that one Wiedemann has that power. Go figure, eh?)

Originally posted by Fishhead
WOW! I am SO hot right now!
I think that's someone who might be selling Carl's stuff second hand.

PLEASE, PLEASE Tell me that I'm not reading that right. Please tell me that that's not Carl's second hand, used clothing.

Originally posted by SecretSquirrel
maybe you're supposed to use the thongs for fancy streamers

That'd get people beating the bushes for lost rockets!

PLEASE, PLEASE Tell me that I'm not reading that right. Please tell me that that's not Carl's second hand, used clothing.

Maybe I should have said "Carl's rockets secondhand." You're right. That did need a little clarification.

Rapid descent parachutes? Slingshot launching devices?
Bob

I think the semroc range looks really exciting and i think they are going to be available over here in the U.K. befor too long...GREAT:)

I met Carl (of SEMROC) at Whitaker last year....well, I actually remembered him doing range duty at NARAM 43, Remember, Carl, I was flying rockets like a madman!

I feel like such a dummy...after Carl checked out (as RSO) maybe 50 rockets for flight I never remembered to ask his name...until Whitaker!

He actually even bought some kits from me!

Then I bought a whole bunch more from him!

I really LOVE the RocketRacks!

Carl does need to make some bigger stronger RocketRacks for some mid power rockets...hint, hint!

So far I really like the Laser-X...it kinda grew on me!

Now if I can get away from the LJ II for a few hours I can build another SEMROC...maybe the Hydra VII or the..

sandman

Quite an interesting ebay store !!! I bid on one of his Astrobee 350 kits ....

Looks to me like SEMROC is doing something I've wondered about for a looog time. Cloning Centuri Model Rocket Kits. Hope He's giving credit to the folks at Centrui engineering for all those knock-off Especially the Laser-X one of my all time favorite models!

Micro,

I think Carl (SEMROC) has the permission slip already in his hand.

If you check out the decals they don't say "Centuri" it's a whole new artwork with "SEMROC" in the middle.

Kinda cool really! And only $11.50 post paid :confused: How does he do it???

Amazing!

sandman

Originally posted by sandman
Micro,

I think Carl (SEMROC) has the permission slip already in his hand.

If you check out the decals they don't say "Centuri" it's a whole new artwork with "SEMROC" in the middle.

Kinda cool really! And only $11.50 post paid :confused: How does he do it???

Amazing!

sandman

That's Great news! and yeah $11.50 Humm that's only about 5 bucks more than I paid for my very first one:D:D:D

marvSRG, your tag line is "When in doubt, CLUSTER!". Give Semroc's Hydra VII a look - theres a reason for the 7 in the name

How would you launch that! Do they make clip whips that can handle 7 engines...or is there other ways to launch this? Is there anyway to use a two clip controller with it (two clip controller, plus clip whips or something else)

There are several models on the SEMROC web site that I would like to have. I've been watching their site for months, and it still says "coming soon" under most of the models I want...
What's up with that??? and how long before they're available???

Thanks....

I just bought the Laser X online. Looks cool! Does anyone know if his rocket racksare plywood or fiberboard?

The rocket racks are good quality fibreboard. I've got a couple, and I'm going to be getting more! :D

John,

They are heavy fiberboard.

I've built six already and I have a few more to build...someday.

Assembly takes about 15 minutes with white glue.

The only fiddly part about them is cleaning off the little "tits" on the seperation lines. An emory board works real fast on these.

Oh, yea...one other thing...keep some paper towel or tissue handy to wipe off the brown burnt residue from the laser cutting. No big deal just a tad messy...not bad. Otherwise you get fingerprints on everything.

sandman

Originally posted by sandman
John,

They are heavy fiberboard.

I've built six already and I have a few more to build...someday.

Assembly takes about 15 minutes with white glue.

The only fiddly part about them is cleaning off the little "tits" on the seperation lines. An emory board works real fast on these.

Oh, yea...one other thing...keep some paper towel or tissue handy to wipe off the brown burnt residue from the laser cutting. No big deal just a tad messy...not bad. Otherwise you get fingerprints on everything.

sandman

Are these the same ones that BMS sells?

Now they are "Exclusively" SEMROC's

They even have the SEMROC logo laser cut on the top WITH a little nameplate holder for the kit specs label.

I guess if you don't want the SEMROC logo just glue that part on upside down.

sandman

Originally posted by Steward

There are several models on the SEMROC web site that I would like to have. I've been watching their site for months, and it still says "coming soon" under most of the models I want...
What's up with that??? and how long before they're available???

Thanks....

Good question! All parts are on hand for all currently planned kits (except the Firefly and ThunderRoc which are due this week.) The longest time for each new kit is always generating the instructions. Based on complexity, each kit is taking us about 7 to 21 days to generate. We are working to cut that time down.

We are also tired of the "Coming Soon" reminders that we are not working FAST enough. We do have 6 additional kits in progress that we did not add to the web site so we would not have to add more "Coming Soon" banners.

Thanks for your interest in Semroc!

That is probably OK as long as you don't have a "Wardrobe Malfunction" with it at a Super Bowl!

Back