Semroc is Great!!!

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

n3tjm

Papa Elf
Reaction score
During the first morning of the TRF 2004 launch, several Semroc personal (Bruce and Carl are the only ones that I remember the names for) came up to me and asked if I was Doug. I said I was. They asked me to come to their tent because they had something waiting for me. You may recall the problems I had with my Hydra VII in a different thread. They had a new Hydra VII kit with my name written on the package, plus several new sets of those 12 little fins on a variety of balsa sheets, alowing me to pic which ones I want to use. That is so nice :).

Bruce took a liking to my finished Hyper-X, he said my paintjob was excellent. He gave me a stand to display it on :). But then he top part got smashed when a very large gust of wind blew it off the table. Bruce said he would grab me some parts to fix her. The next day, Bruce forgot the parts, so he gave me a whole new kit :).

I did buy a FireFly kit. It is looking nice, and I can't wait to give her some air :). I wanted to buy another kit, but time became limited, and Carl had to leave due to a sad situation. I understand my friend.

Bruce and Carl were great. They spent the time talking to everyone about all kinds of subjects, many times starting the conversation. Very friendly people, very nice kits :)

First of all, I'd like to start by emphasizing the professionalism and down-to-earth genuine character exhibited by the folks over at SEMROC. I was not aware they were going to be at the launch nor did I know SEMROC was based out of N. Carolina. Seeing them vending in person at the launch was a real treat.

I have always been tempted by their excellent assortment of kits offered at their website. Like most of you on TRF that lurked before posting, I kinda lurked on their website before buying. Needless to say, once I they set up shop and introduced themselves it didn't take me long to make my first SEMROC purchase. Although I only took home a Skyhook and Thunderbee (strapped for cash - expensive short trip!), I must say these will serve me as a great appetizer to a soon-to-be SEMROC model rocket collection.

For those of you that might be uncertain as to the quality of the kits, don't wander too far as the reviews will be pouring in soon. Even if you never build the kit, SEMROC kits are professional grade "in the bag" scoring absolutely high marks in presentation, packaging superiority, and highly collectable status from the start. I'm looking forward to building my kits so that what's inside the bags can be evaluated. From what I can tell, I don't think I will be disappointed.

If you haven't already, check out www.semroc.com and try one of their kits for yourself. I don't think you will be disappointed. If you ever get the chance to drive 11 hours to a Whitakers meet and SEMROC is around, your drive will certainly be worth the effort.

To the SEMROC crew: thank you much for your hospitality. Our trip to Whitakers was a true pleasure.

I'd like to take this opportunity to throw in my 2 cents about Semroc.

I have never actually met the Semroc folks in person, but as an online retailer who sells their kits I can vouch for the quality of their kits and service.

In my opinion, their kits are second to none. The packaging is top notch, the directions are excellent, the parts are always perfect, I could go on and on. Did I mention that they are cheap!?

They are, without a doubt, my favorite rocket company.

If you haven't already, pick up a couple of Semroc's kits. You won't be disappointed.

John (not Jon) Arthur

www.JonRocket.com

I wish you could put in more "thumbs-up" symbols! There's not many words to describe how much I like Semroc. They are definately a first-rate company, with customer service, dare I say it, on parallel with our other favorite TRF vendor, Fliskits! The coolness of the kit packaging is bar-none. On the trip home from NC, I just couldn't stop looking at the packaging. It just made me think, "Wow...it's so classic, but so today!" Ok, so maybe that phrase is well-used, but I seriously mean it!

BUY FROM SEMROC! You won't be dissapointed. I promise you that.

Jason

Back