Semroc Explorer Video

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
What a great little video!

If you don't mind me asking what are you shooting your vids with? We've still got an Old sears VHS camcorder whos batteries are on their last legs:( I have a ton of video flights but haven't found a good (translate "Cheap') way to convert them to wmv or wave videos. I've stopped recording flight on video until I find, get or are forced into buying a new camera and/or some kind of VHS/video converting system?

Nice shots. Looks like you had a really low ceiling that day...was the rocket really going up into the clouds, and then drifting back down into view, the way the video makes it look?

There are a cole options. I bought a sony handycam HDD (hard disk drive) camera for this to try and play around. It has a hard drive that has 60 GB of storage...plenty for my little videos.
This system downloads directly via USB to the computer...that's why I got it.

I also bought a Dazzle interfact converts analog to USB/digital for capture (~$85). That would work with existing camera and it comes with editting software. I plan to use that for my booster vision thingy.

Originally posted by Micromeister
What a great little video!

If you don't mind me asking what are you shooting your vids with? We've still got an Old sears VHS camcorder whos batteries are on their last legs:( I have a ton of video flights but haven't found a good (translate "Cheap') way to convert them to wmv or wave videos. I've stopped recording flight on video until I find, get or are forced into buying a new camera and/or some kind of VHS/video converting system?

No it actually just went out of focus. Standing there you could see it the whole time...just the camera missied it.

Originally posted by kenobi65
Nice shots. Looks like you had a really low ceiling that day...was the rocket really going up into the clouds, and then drifting back down into view, the way the video makes it look?

Back