Semroc Defender and Magnum Hornet

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BobH48

Reaction score
I finished up a couple this week.

A Semroc Defender Space Probe and a Semroc Magnum Hornet.

I plan on bringing them to the August 1st CMASS launch.

defender 01.jpg

Hornet 01.jpg

Great job on both but man that silver paint on the defender is outstanding :wave: Cant wait to see flight pictures :)
Thanks
fred

Great job on both but man that silver paint on the defender is outstanding :wave: Cant wait to see flight pictures :)
Thanks
fred
Thanks! The silver paint is just ordinary Krylon silver,

I'll second that ..... the silver on your Defender looks great. Now that I see yours finished like that I prefer it to the standard white finish.

Did you mask and paint everything or paint some of the components prior to assembly?

I still have two fairly low numbered Defender kits in the bag. One to build and one to fly.

:)

I'll second that ..... the silver on your Defender looks great. Now that I see yours finished like that I prefer it to the standard white finish.

Did you mask and paint everything or paint some of the components prior to assembly?

I still have two fairly low numbered Defender kits in the bag. One to build and one to fly.

:)
Actually, the instuctions recommended silver for the forward section. If you look closely at the picture on the kit instuctions you can see that it's silver. Of course, I didn't notice that until after I read it in the instructions.

I masked and painted everything after assembly.

Last edited:
I got to fly both of them today and I actually got a launch picture of the Defender. I usually get either a picture of it on the pad or a smoke trail.

I launched it on 3 B4-4's and the delay was a little short but a nice flight anyways.

I didn't get a picture of the Magnum Hornet because I had left my camera back at my table.

Defender Launch 01.JPG

Defender Launch 02.JPG

Last edited:
Back